Wanted Wanted loaded Hss pick guard

Discussion in 'Misc. For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by timmy51, Feb 12, 2018.

1. timmy51

timmy51 Squier Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Erie
    If anyone has a late model Affinity loaded Hss pick guard for sale I’d be interested. Preferably a white one from China.
    I know it’s a long shot...
    Thanks.

ElRey67 likes this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Kenneth Mountain, timmy51 and Davey like this.
  3. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I seem to recall someone here ordering this, and it showed up with ceramic pups in it (with the Alnico labeled covers....

Kenneth Mountain and timmy51 like this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Sorry, you wanted HSS. But you get the gist. Just surf around. If you're willing to spend a little more money, I'd suggest RRG.

Here are two RRG units:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=232662663042

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=232663819562

If you really want the HSS, contact him and let him know what you'd like. His units are hand built with the highest quality components. The soldering is top notch. I have 9 guitars with RRG's ... with another one waiting for a body, and two more units at his shop.

For a little more than a stock Squire unit, you can get something which will blow you out of the water.

5. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Why buy Squier?

Look on Ali-express, I have not looked in a long time but bought several for under 16 shipped. In the cheapo range HMV are not bad. Every one of them was a real noticeable upgrade form what came in the lower tier Squiers.

That said, I highly recommend stepping up the bucks just a bit and buying something from GM, Dragonfire and the like. Any more money than that and you should just start with better guitar.

Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  6. timmy51

timmy51 Squier Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Erie
    I’ve looked around at other options too, like Guitar Fetish and such. I’ll probably go with one of those. I just thought if someone had one laying around collecting dust. I know a lot of people switch them out, so I thought I’d ask.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  7. timmy51

timmy51 Squier Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Erie
    Those seem like pretty good options too. I did see them on EBay. I’ve been checking on there lately.

Eddie likes this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    GM and Dragonfire are great. But for the same price ... you get a lot more bang for your buck with RRG. You'd be supporting an ST member as well as contributing to a local business. Heck, look at this one:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=232663819562

You can't get the Epiphone pickups alone for $50 ... let alone a hand wired, hand soldered unit. It even comes with a Skull turn knob. Where else can you get that? For fiddy dollahz? ha ha

radiotech likes this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    RRG is here @rocknrguitars . The proprietor's name is Mike Riley. Great guy and god-like artisan. Message him, and tell him what you'd like. For a little more than a common Squier loaded pickguard, you get an hand soldered piece of art.

It's like a Hostess cupcake vs. a mom and pop bakery cupcake for slightly more. No contest.

timmy51 likes this.
  10. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    @timmy51, DSCN1934.JPG After a bit more digging, I came up with a HSS pg, pre-wired ceramic set of pickups and a Maestro HB. Everything is there, you'll have load the pg and swap out the bridge pu. 20 minute project yours if you want it, pick up the postage. S

timmy51 and Eddie like this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Can't beat that deal with a stick. :)

timmy51 and surf green like this.
  12. timmy51

timmy51 Squier Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Erie
    I’ll take it !! Looks good to me ! I pm’d you.