Walmart Sawtooth Tele's

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by techowiz, Oct 4, 2017.

1. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-Meister

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    Mine is closer to sterling sub ray4 bass neon-like mint green. & that’s bad.

2. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Meister

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Did you play the Sawtooth yet? How's the playability etc out of the box?

3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    It's good to c heck these prices. For example earlier this year I went to Amazon and found that Daphne Blue Strat clone Sawtooth ... in a right-handed version ... for something ridiculous like $50 or $60. I hemmed and hawed and when I checked again it was now $90 then $100 then $100 or something like that. So these prices change all the time.

I've always been told, but can't verify, that some websites will raise or lower the price on an item depending upon how many times people check on them. The more we click ... the more it goes up in price. Or something like that.

4. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

I got home a bit late last night. I took it out of the box to take a look. No dents or bumps. It was in pretty good condition. Tuned it up and just gave it a quick whirl. Not too bad. Maybe some minor tweaks, but not too shabby out of the box. It's really, REALLY light.

I'll play some more over the weekend.

Did you get yours yet?

5. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Meister

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Yes sir! Guitar in relatively good shape- no noticeable blemishes, mostly smooth fret edges, color is vivid sea foam green!. Only complaint is action a little high out of the box. How's your's set up?

6. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Agreed. Action is a bit high. But otherwise, it's a nice guitar. Thanks for the heads up. This is guitar #2 you hooked me up with. :)

I'm going to bring this guitar to school next week.

7. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Meister

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    It should be REAL smart after that! :rolleyes: