"Waitin' On The Mono" Song

Discussion in 'MyMusic Place' started by SquierTap, Nov 4, 2019.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    As alot of you guys know, I recently bought one of those Monoprice Stage Right 15 watt tube amp... But when it got here, it had a busted tube in it...

Just my luck, lol...

So I turned a crappy experience into a fun lil song...

As stated in the video, the only guitars I used were my CV Tele and My 20th anniversary Squier P-Bass... I used my Boss Katana 100 combo for the guitar AND the bass...

Now, this is a looong way from "professional" as I recorded it in 2 days in my lil project studio, and we all know how YouTube compresses audio, and it was just an MP3 to start with, lol...

Also... Stay tuned, cause I give a few SquierTalk "shout-outs" towards the end, including; @Kenneth Mountain, @Papa Joe, @MrYeats, @Guitarmageddon, @Triple Jim, @Eddie, @fattboyzz, @squierbilly, @JohnnyMac, @SubSailer671, @r3...

Don't be too harsh on me, guys, lol...

Just a fun lil project while I'm "Waitin' On The Mono"...

2. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-Meister

Jul 4, 2019
    Ohio, United States
    The song is cool. The circumstances which led to the song are not.

3. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Most Righteous ! ! Great Work Tap ! !

4. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Ya done good friend..The mix was right there,perfect..Vocals on top the way it's supposed to be..
    You get a big bowl of ice cream and a stack of cookies..

5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    SquierTap is a blues rappin machine ;)

jam.gif That was pretty killer dude jam.gif

6. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    That was cool! I wasn't expecting a reggae treatment, or the subsequent rap segment. And a shout-out on YT?
    The Amp Gods will smile upon thee, no doubt!

7. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Whoa,, Marshall Mathers on squier talk.. :D
    That sounded great!.. love the lyrics..
    Thanks for the shout out..
    I know what your talking about.. :(

Kenneth Mountain and SquierTap like this.
  8. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I honestly don't know why, but I've been a huge reggae fan since before I even knew what reggae was... I just knew I liked it, lol... Then in '93 I heard UB40's cover of "I Can't Help" (Falling In Love With You) and it was REALLY on, lol... I got obsessed with that album... My sister bought me that album (Promises And Lies) for my birthday, like, 3 times in a row, because by the time my birthday would roll around, I had worn out the tape, lol...
    Then later when I heard Sublime, I got obsessed again, and that lead me to all the great reggae that inspired them; Bob Marley, Toots and The Maytals, Peter Tosh, Ini Kamozie, Gregory Isaacs, Barrington Levy, etc...

And I've been a lil obsessed ever since, lol...

9. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    lol that's cool and funny @SquierTap - I don't know everything lol

SquierTap and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Very cool idea, and really came out great! Big props for the ST shout-outs in there. Hope the return comes in and cranks right up!

11. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Got something for you - a Canadian reggae/rock/blues/pop band called Big Sugar, their bass player was from Jamaica but passed away about 1-2 years ago

12. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-Nut

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    That was great! The ONLY way to make it better would to replace the still shot with video of you playing the parts.
    It was awesome! It would be really cool to do it again through the MP 15 when it comes back...

13. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Lol... Well, it might be considered uncouth or even a lil "braggy" if you said that, lol... But ain't nothin stoppin ME from sayin it, lol...

Kenneth Mountain and squierbilly like this.
  14. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Pretty cool, man! Even sounds good through my busted phone speaker, lol... Almost like reggae with a Led Zep vibe...

15. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    If that would've been possible, trust me, that's what I woulda done, lol... No camera, just my Android phone, lol...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  16. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Thanks for takin it easy on me guys, lol...

2 thoughts;

When I hear the main guitar lick from the beginning, in my head it's "sayin", "Waitin' on Mono, Waitin' on Mono, Mono-priiiiice..." Lol...

And when I want a nice, slightly overdriven tube sound, I use an amp model called "Br Tweed" from SneakyAmps on my Katana... It's supposed to sound like an old Fender Bassman 4X10... And it's just KILLER with the Alnico IIIs in my CV Tele... But if I plug in my Harley Benton semi hollow Tele with P90s, it's pretty much full blown distortion, lol...

Also there's a totally clean track with some spring reverb doin upbeats and that's the main "clean" channel which is based on a JC120...

And for bass, like I said, I used my 20th anniversary Squier P-Bass and plugged it into the Katana using the "Twin" model, with the gain low...

And ALL of it, every bit, was recorded with the Katana in HALF A WATT mode, lol...

Seriously... Mic'd with an oooold Samson C01 condensor mic...

Not too shabby for what amounted to about 5 hours of work, lol... I never try to get anything PERFECT, cause then I sometimes lose the spontaneity and feel of the original idea, cause I have perfectionist tendencies, lol...

17. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Nut

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    I love it! You have a good ear for those funky reggae sounds. Glad to be part of such a talented forum!

18. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Your voice sounds kinda like Todd Snider @SquierTap

19. JoeInMichigan

JoeInMichigan Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2018
    Michigan
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice