Volume Pedal: Ernie Ball VP Jr vs Mission Engineering VM-1?

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by littlebadboy, May 22, 2019.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Squier-Meister

Jul 13, 2018
    USA
    Hello all!

I use a Boss GT-100. It has one assignable expression pedal. However, I wanted 2 so I can have a volume control and a 2nd expression pedal. I have a Roland EV-5 that can be assigned as a volume pedal, but I am not happy with it. So, I am thinking of having a real volume pedal to put in front of my GT-100.

I am buying used, because I am poor. I see that my choices that are available to me within budget is an Ernie Ball VP Jr (with a 250k pot) and a Mission Engineering VM-1 (with a 500k pot). I take that these are also the best in the market, so they say.

Anybody with experience with these guys? Which is better? Do the tone pot values matter? I like to do volume swells on clean and dirty. I do not like tone suckers.

Thanks!

ElRey67 likes this.
  2. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I have a Vox passive volume pedal and I like it a lot. It is very linear and quiet.

littlebadboy likes this.
  3. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    yes the pot value will matter it is basically just a volume pot that runs on the rack and gear system that wah pedals use.

littlebadboy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice