SOLD Vintage modified strat: LOWER PRICE!

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by horax, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    Nothing wrong with the price. I just think the guitar market is soft right now. I've got a few for sale on Reverb and locally and I'm barely getting any looks. Someone was kind enough to offer me $180 with me paying the shipping for my ProTone last week. o_O

ElRey67, dbrian66 and horax like this.
  2. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    Me too man. If I was a strat guy I would have bought it in minutes. It's a gorgeous guitar. I agree, the price is right, and, the guitar market IS stagnant. It'll happen, might take a while.

3. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    Did ya have any luck with the USA Tele and the SG?

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. horax

horax Dr. Squier

Aug 9, 2010
    colorado springs
    No bites on anything.
    A few asking about the sg bit not even the spam mail from Craigslist is coming in

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    By the way, I’m wondering if it’s starting to happen. I have this theory that the guitar market is going to have a hard crash in a few years. The majority of multiple guitar purchases, I’m guessing is being done by Boomers and Gen X. We’re really the last generations that held guitars out as being magical objects. As we die off, our collections hit the market and the prices will go down. I don’t see Millennials picking up the guitar hoarding slack.

surfrodguitar and dbrian66 like this.
  6. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    I’ve noticed a lot more guitars for sale on the apps like Let go and Offer up. Some really cool ones I liked and was almost going to pull the trigger, great prices! Guy sold a USA strat for $175!! Must have been hot, who knows, looked the goods!

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. dqami

dqami Squier Talker

Jan 25, 2012
    oc
    Hey, whats up? Hows your new tele going? I'm still loving my SQ I got from you and even kept the artwork on back. I picked up a Roadworn tele off Cl on a trade from a flipper in Oceanside for a few relics I had. Its a keeper and I Actually play better on it!

8. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Meister

May 18, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I think you are correct. It's why folks who haunt the "Squier-Talk", "Awesome Cheap Guitars", "Cheap Awesome Guitars", and other similar forums won't be terribly disappointed when the bubble is fully deflated. The last big gasp of a dying pop culture phenomenon started with Punk and ended with "Grunge".

To the OP...

Early Christmas shoppers are going to start looking for bargains and if you list your VM elsewhere I would suggest taking an additional picture of the guitar with the original packaging neatly laid out beside it. Presentation is everything.

Acidhouse likes this.