Video Demo of my NGD (P-90 Tele)

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by SquierTap, Jun 12, 2019.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Well, this is just a lil video demo of my new Harley Benton TE-90 QM... Those of you that followed the nightmare of gettin it from Thomann music in Germany to my door KNOW what a pain it was to land, but then again, a lot of the BEST ones aren't easy to get! Lol...

But I'll say this; It was definitely worth the 6 week+ wait... This thing is ROCK solid! It feels a LOT more expensive than it was ($210 shipping included)...
    And just LOOK at it! Lol... That carved, quilted maple top is just gorgeous, AND really comfortable, too!
    And it was full of nice lil "surprises" too, like the Tusq XL nut (usually my FIRST mod to all my guitars), the nice D'Addario strings, full size pots, the GREAT Roseacer fretboard (my first expierence with it) and the really beautiful, subtle Mother Of Pearl fret markers...

But the biggest surprise was these pickups! Man alive! It's my first guitar with P-90s and it's one of those "Where have you been all my life?!?" kinda deals, lol... They're REALLY clear and loud clean, but they don't lose a BIT of articulation even with really saturated drive... Clear as a bell... But here's the trick; When you combine those killer pups with the mahogany body, you get all the clarity, with added bass frequencies and response (especially on the middle and neck positions!) WITHOUT it sounding muddy... OR "ice pick-y"...

There's just no way to tell ya how impressed I am with this thing... ESPECIALLY at the price point... I can't say how the bottom level Harley Benton stuff is, because this is one of their Deluxe models and my first HB, but Thomann really knocked it outta the park with this baby...

Last thing; Most of y'all know that I'm a die-hard Squier fanatic, but I'm like that because I'm a "value" type guy... But with prices goin up pretty much all the way across the Squier line, that made me turn my head in other directions... And boy, am I glad I did... My buddy, (and frequent bass player extrodinare) @LDS714 got himself one of those Harley Benton resonater basses and it's great, so that put 'em on my radar...

Oh, and I'm playin it through my Katana 100, and usin a Boss CS-3 "sound-good-izer", a Kokko Tube Screamer clone, the AWESOME Joyo Ultimate Drive (also by Thomann) and lastly I'm usin my Kokko Distortion for full blown gain...

Without further ado;

2. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Cause of the HUGE P.I.T.A. it was to actually get her here, I think I'm gonna call this one "The Heart Breaker", lol...

3. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice job in that vid, ST!
    Glad your are enjoying your shiny new toy.

4. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Nice job! That thing is sounding good.

5. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    There's almost 600 posts on the Epiphone LP Special 1 by itself, on this forum. So, it's been around for a lonnnng time, you were just not seeing the light.

Now enjoy and multiply.

6. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    You get a lot of guitar for $180. Bound f-holes and metal knobs are extras that usually cost more.

7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    Sounds awesome and Great playing ST.

8. LDS714

LDS714 Squier-Meister

Oct 23, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    Nice!

And seriously, if the other one shows up, let me know and we'll get on the phone with Thomann and see if they'll negotiate a deal for it.

You need to stop by the house before we go out on tour again and try out my Les Paul with the P90 pickups!

9. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Lol... "Negotiate a deal"... Sounds like a hostage situation...
    ;)

Kenneth Mountain, ElRey67 and drewcp like this.
  10. LDS714

LDS714 Squier-Meister

Oct 23, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    Hmmmmm... Hostage situation. I like the way you think!

'Operation HosTele'

Kenneth Mountain and SquierTap like this.
  11. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I'd love to! Just holler at me when you're back home in Music City, hoss...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  12. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
  13. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I love P90s. I have an Epiphone Wildkat and a Fender Mustang both with P90s and they are two of my best sounding guitars.

Mustang 90-3.jpg Wildkat.png

14. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    That thang is purdy !

Sounds purdy scwheeet too ;)

SquierTap likes this.
  15. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Great Stuff ! Congrats !

SquierTap likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice