Vibro champ xd

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by bigtuna, Jan 9, 2020.

1. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Hey, does anyone know if there is a weak link in this amp. Looks spotless, brand new. Only 5 watts and was only made for a short time. Any good??

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Just know it's a modeling amp, not a true tube amp.....the 'tone' comes from the modeling software.....the tubes only slightly sweeten it....

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

It's a great amp - a lot like the SC xd - only less power. If it has a weak link - it's lack of power ?

It's not ready to compete against a full drum kit ? It's very versatile !

drewcp, Mr Bones and Caddy like this.
  4. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Thank you Guitarmageddon, and Kenneth mountain

5. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    I bought one a number of years ago when they were being discontinued and marked way down. A really nice amp and my most often used. I did have to replace the tubes once. Really glad I got one before they were gone.

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Buy it !

I've had many amps and my Super Champ XD (15W) is still played daily. It could be my only amp if it had to come to that.

Clean channel is really rich with tube ovetones and the modelling side, to me is one of the best. I've had many moddeling VOX, a Katana, tube amps and none gave me what my SCXD has. I actually have two SCXD and had a X2 head for a while.

Buy it, you won't regret it. If you have a 10" or 12" cab, you can use that to beef up its volume and sound. Just make sure you NEVER turn it on without a speaker plugged in, or you'll fry something in there.

Buy it !

7. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Great amps! I've owned the VC and SC versions. The only advantages to the bigger one is more wattage and 2 channels + footswitch option. Downside to any tube amp is you may need to replace the tubes, eventually.

8. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Guy is no selling the SC, he's selling the vc

Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  9. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Yeah, I understood that. I was just referencing the SC because people generally seem to really really like it, and I don't think the VC is a significant step down. So any comments you see from people on its big brother, most likely would apply to the VCXD too.

10. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

I'm thinking of moving mine because I can't gig with it ? I'm not sure if I can gig with 15 watts either ?

you can't count on mic ing yourself and if you have a "aggressive " drummer - you understand !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice