V6 Stagemaster Deluxe Sub-Sonic At Last!

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by aoresteen, Jan 10, 2019.

1. aoresteen

aoresteen Squier-Nut

Oct 31, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    I have finally bagged the scare V6 Stagemaster Deluxe Sub-Sonic! It was made for maybe a year and a half from Jan 2001 as a Stagemaster to mid-ish 2002 as a Showmaster. While hunting for one, the serial numbers I found were all 2001.

[​IMG]

Just like the Model T Ford you can get it in any color you want as long as it is metallic black.

It is a Korean made neck-thru like the V4 models but has a hard tail bridge and a regular nut.

[​IMG]

Note that it doesn't say "Stagemaster" on it. It's identified as a Stagemaster in the Squier 2001 price list.

[​IMG]

It's the most expensive Stagemaster made with a list price of $700.

[​IMG]

Neck-thru:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's my first baritone and it plays well. I tune it B-B (B-E-A-D-F#-B).

Of course I'll mod it. Just need to figure out the neck pickup replacement. The bridge will be a DiMarzio D-Sonic.

This is the first Sub-Sonic to pop up on eBay in many years. This is the scarcest of the scarce Stagemasters.

2. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Nice guitar.. Congratulations!.. I've seen a few of them used around Phoenix over the years but the prices hover around 300. I dont need a baritone that bad.. not sure I'd use it.. nice for a collection though.

ElRey67 likes this.
  3. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Nice score! I've been trying to get one of each version of stagemaster/showmaster I didn't even know about these, never seen one till today. I've been looking for a neck through in that teal looking blue, then I guess I need one of these. Thanks for educating me. It looks like a fun guitar.

4. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I like the neck through. I would be interested hearing that baritone sound

5. aoresteen

aoresteen Squier-Nut

Oct 31, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    I decided on a neck pickup. Gonna give a DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary DP103 a try. I'll swap the strap buttons for a set of black Fender/Schaller strap locks. Pots will be 500K push-pulls; the tone pot switch will split the coils and the vol switch will put the neck pickup out of phase. Cap will be a .o33. I might use a 5-waySuper Switch to do the coil splits.

Strings will be .013-.064:

1 B- 0.013 Plain
    2 F# - 0.017 Plain
    3 D - 0.026 Wound
    4 A - 0.036 Wound
    5 E - 0.046 Wound
    6 B - 0.064 Wound

I can't wait to rock it!

6. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2016
    I don't know how you do it. Do you find them, or do THEY find you?

7. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    HNGD! A beautiful guitar. A set neck is always a plus. Congratulations.

8. aoresteen

aoresteen Squier-Nut

Oct 31, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    I wish they would find me! I monitor eBay, Reverb, Music-Go-Round, CL, GC used regularly. I also peruse the local pawn shops. It's work finding them!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

Cool score! You probably have the most complete Squier collection anywhere!

10. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-Nut

Feb 3, 2017
    NH

11. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Meister

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Those are awesome! Before getting my Jackson I had considered buying one of the bolt-on Showmasters that pop up for sale around here all the time. I like the fact they're Superstrats with the traditional Fender headstock and less aggressive-looking body. Had I found one of these neck-through models and I would've gone for it - I probably still would now, depending of the price! A shame I've never came across one of those.

I've came across several ones of the model I was the most interested on, the HH Floyd Rose with black headstock model, and at the time they were absolute bargains selling for 100 euros or a tad more. Sadly, ever since then they've jumped in price around here, I suspect because two luthier stores are selling them online for 190 euros, and the fewer private sellers based their pricings on them.

12. aoresteen

aoresteen Squier-Nut

Oct 31, 2011
    Newnan, GA

I think I do. Not that I set out to get the most Stagemasters but they have grown on me over the years.

Yeh, the prices have gone up here in the USA as well. They just are good guitars and with a few tweaks they are great guitars.

13. aoresteen

aoresteen Squier-Nut

Oct 31, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    As to my Stagemaster collection as of today I have:

V1 - 9.5
    V2 - 1.5
    V3 - 6
    V4 - 16
    V5 - 3
    V6 - 1

Total of 37 Stagemasters. So how do I have 9.5 V1 or 1.5 V2 guitars? Simple. I have a Stagemaster V2 purple body with a Showmaster neck called "Bones".

[​IMG]

The Showmaster HH bolt on guitar was only made in black and blue so the purple body has to be a 2000 or 2001 Stagemaster V2 body. I bought it without a neck and I bought the Showmaster neck separately. It's only 1/2 Stagemaster :) !

http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/ngd-showmaster-mongrel-basketcase-meet-bones.52033/

http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/neat-mod-for-hh-guitars-bones-w-5-way-switch.53609/

And I have Brent Mason Telecaster build in progress with a V1 neck:

[​IMG]
    Yup. A Tele with a locking Floyd Rose. Mini humbucker neck & SD middle & bridge.

This weekend I had crazy build in mind. Yes, I'm looking for some more Stagemasters :) !

Stratlover84 likes this.
  14. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-Nut

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Can't possibly have enough of what you're enjoying! Diggin' the Brent Mason Tele + Floyd set up and curious to see what you load in for pickups coil switching. Gonna be a good one!

15. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Very nice collection!

Can't wait for the video clip of the tones that could be had with that one :cool:

16. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Squier-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Va