Unknown Serial Number for Squier Strat

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rocknron04, May 16, 2010.

1. rocknron04

rocknron04 New Member

May 16, 2010
    chocowinty north carolina
    Just got an old Squier with the serial number CAE-0030801504. Can someone tell me where this guitar was made and when. I would really appreciate it. Thanks. The Rock
  2. S. Rock

S. Rock Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2009
  3. softwarejanitor

softwarejanitor Squier-holic

Apr 19, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    I have a Squier Strat with that same serial prefix. To the best of my knowledge you have a Squier Strat SE which was made in China in 2000 and was originally sold as part of a "Strat Pack" bundle with a small 10 watt amp, gig bag, strap and cord.

All of them I've seen with CAE-00 prefix have been either Black or White, but it is my understanding they made some sunburst ones also. All of them I've seen have had standard thickness bodies 3 ceramic single coil pickups on a 3 layer pickguard, 21 fret necks with rosewood fingerboard and small headstock

In my opinion they are a great platform for modding. I put a set of GFS Lil' Killer pickups in mine (required a small amount of whittling to fit), a Wilkinson trem, a set of the Gotoh-style locking tuners GFS sells and a pair of GFS's roller string trees.
  4. timallums

timallums Squier Talker

Sep 17, 2010
    San Antonio

I apologize if it "chafes" anybody that I posted in an old, old, thread, but here goes:

I just bought one of these SEs with the ser# CAE-0040811579, but can't seem to figure out what wood is used in the body on these? Anybody know?

5. mikm

mikm Squier-holic

Jun 4, 2012
    I believe its Agathis. Pretty good sounding body on the SE. Like Softwarejanitor said they are great for mods etc.
  6. timallums

timallums Squier Talker

Sep 17, 2010
    San Antonio