TV show recommendations

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Hotrod89, Feb 12, 2018.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Altered Carbon, Stranger Things, Travelers, Ash Evil Dead, Ozark, Dark Matter, Between, Colony, Agents Of Shield, Flash, Gotham, Iron Fist, The 100
    A couple from Netflix...

ElRey67 likes this.
  2. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    River and The Fall were really good shows!! British series shows and a bunch of the other international series on Netflix just seem to be more realistic in acting and production. They are patient. They take time to delve into characters.
    I prefer them to most American traditional crime and drama offerings.

3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I like good documentaries. Somebody cited Ken Burns. I've watched and rewatched "The Civil War" countless times. I've also watched "The Vietnam War" series. I'm a Vietnam War vet (although being in the Navy my closest link to land was about seven miles away in a WWII-era oiler) and found the series fascinating and full of facts I never knew.

I also like "Miami Vice" ... but partially because I used to live and work in South Miami Beach just before the series was filmed and I was familiar with a lot of the settings. Btw, the show is one of many rumored to be re-made for today's viewers.

4. SkeeterSkooter

SkeeterSkooter Squier-Meister

Jan 9, 2018
    Chicago, IL
    The awesome thing to me about sci-fi is that it’s so intertwined in what humans attempt to build in the future. A kid sees something on TV and it sticks in their brain for 15-20 years and then they invent the cell phone. Sci-fi is responsible for space exploration, submarines, helicopters, gps, the taser, robotic surgery, rockets, video conferencing, the internet and so very many other things that we use daily.

ElRey67 and radiotech like this.
  5. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Well it's not entirely like that, but yeah.

6. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
  7. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    I hope they do a better job than the commentators on every Olympic Games opening ceremony.

"And here's the team from Austria. They're well known for their kangaroos, boomerangs, and large, fried oni0ns."
    (no-one actually said that...yet)

radiotech likes this.
  8. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    Stranger Things for sure ...
    Godless was good but short

9. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ