Trying to sell off a few Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fadetoz, Aug 18, 2019.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Been thinking about selling a few guitars. I went through them all and found I don't really want to get rid of any of them at all. Each guitar is special for one reason or another. Anyone else have this problem? I feel like I only need 3-4 guitars but just can't seem to part with any of them.

IMG_20190816_233331.jpg IMG_20190816_233539.jpg IMG_20190816_233832.jpg IMG_20190816_232917.jpg IMG_20190816_231746.jpg

2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I'm in the same boat. Every time I sell off a few guitars, I wind up refilling the racks with more. Argh.

I'm headed up to CT for a few days. There are two guitars I want from up there. Fudge !!!

VealCutlet, dbrian66, MrYeats and 9 others like this.
  3. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    Well this should answer your question. And I have two more in thier case. And one loaned out to a friend. So yeah I think I have the same thoughts. 20190810_105135.jpg

4. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-Meister

Jul 4, 2019
    Ohio, United States
    My wife says 21 is too many.

5. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Well don't sell em then. If space is an issue then you have a reason to get rid of a few. If not, keep em if you like them.

6. fuelish

fuelish Squier-Nut

I have that problem from time to time, but it usually passes quickly …..I currently have 7 guitars and a bass....since I only play for fun, anymore, there's no "need" for several guitars, but....it's not like I have multiples of one model (like 3 Les Pauls, 3 Strats, a couple of teles, etc). Mine are each different and unique unto themselves, and I tell myself that's silly, wanting to get rid of a few. I could never decide....well, not true, I have 2 acoustics, one is a decent Epi, and one is a (to my knowledge) no-name Israeli import that's a true POS and needs work. I'd get reid of it, but....my father in law gave it to me, has had it in a case in a closet for many decades since he gave it to my brother in law, who never pursued the guitar.....even have the first Mel Bay Method book....HAH.....not to mention, it's unique, dunno anyone else with an Israeli built guitar

7. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Still lots of room in the middle of the floor. :)

8. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I just want to find a deal on a Fender Blues Jr :D:p ;)

9. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    What do you consider a deal? I will keep an eye out

10. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    That's exactly what happened last time I sold a few. Sold 3 and got like 5 within the next 6 mo

11. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    That's strange... In the third picture down, the second guitar from the right... The red burst acoustic... I have that same exact guitar... I believe it's my wife's mother's guitar from back when she was in high school... I'm pretty sure anyway... What's the story with that one?
    And two more I wanna know about;
    The fourth picture down, the really beat lookin black Strat next to your handprint guitar... What's it's story?

And lastly, the white Peavey?
    Just curious, I love to hear guitar stories, and why they're so special to you...

12. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Can you imagine the look in the kids' eyes as a stranger carts off their handprint guitar? You're not gonna be selling that one;)

dbrian66, mb doug, Treynor and 2 others like this.
  13. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    That acoustic was my wife's cousins. After he passed his wife threw it in the garbage. My wife's grandma saved it and gave it to me. It needs work but I guess it was really special to him when he was a kid. So I keep it around. The beat up black Strat is my JM tribute guitar. I like beat up strats. It sounds amazing too. The Peavey is a USA model with a set of unknown humbuckers. It sounds awesome and the neck is just amazing. My buddy sold it to me awhile back. He has 5 more just like it in a couple colors.

SquierTap, dbrian66, MrYeats and 6 others like this.
  14. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    That one is the most special to me. That isn't going anywhere. I didn't even realize how special it was going to be. I just thought it was a cool idea but nope.. it's more that just a neat idea.

VealCutlet, dbrian66, MrYeats and 3 others like this.
  15. Paruwi

Paruwi Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2019
    Germany
    I am down fom 15 or 16 to 12 pieces (10 Guitars, 1 Bass, 1 Ukulele)

the missus still says it's tooooooo much

2lala.gif

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    VealCutlet, dbrian66, MrYeats and 7 others like this.
  16. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    They sell fairly quick here for $300-325.

I'm more looking for one in the Atlanta area so I can check it out before I buy :)

17. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I'm finally down to two Strats, Two Teles, and my acoustic..There's still the steel guitars in the closet though..That's down from over five dozen..
    Do I miss them ?? Yeah some of them..

18. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    Don't we all LOL :rolleyes:

19. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    I have a hard time justifying having repeats. It’s kept my collection modest, at 7 guitars, 1 uke, and 3 basses.

20. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Yeah, figured as much. By the time I saw that in the pix I knew it wasn't just the guitars you were mulling over selling.
    If you can recall the anime sequence in Kill Bill I, where O Ren Ishii kills Boss Matsumoto, who had her parents killed..... I tried to imagine a sequence w FadetoZ offspring watching a villain make off w the handprint guitar... But it just didn't fit!

dbrian66, MrYeats, mb doug and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice