Trying to burn a CD from Audacity

Discussion in 'Music, Theory, Tab and Such' started by Papa Joe, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I got 3 songs copied from tape to Audacity and ready to burn but I've hit a wall..I did the export as instructed but can't find it to burn..been trying all afternoon and evening..
    Maybe tomorrow things will fall in to place..

2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Do you know where the destination folder for the export is? If not, do a search of your hard drive, using all or part of one of the songs' file names.

I don't use Audacity (I'm an Adobe Audition guy), but sometimes I send tracks to the wrong place, and the Windows search function always finds them for me.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    For searches, I use the free download Everything. It finds very quickly ... well, everything.

4. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2016
    I've never used Audacity, but.... Have you tried a Windows (I'm assuming you're using it) search for the most recently modified files? Even if the file extension (I'd guess you're exporting to WAV to burn to CD) is missing or different than you expected then it'll still show up as recently modified. You didn't include a period in the filename by any chance did you? I read in this help file that Audacity won't put a file extension on your file if there is a period in the name. This is the stuff I was just reviewing:
    https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/exporting_audio.html

Papa Joe likes this.
  5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I think I've found the answer..I'll give it a shot tomorrow after I get home from the medical appointment..
    Thanks guys..

squierbilly likes this.