Truss Rod Problems

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by SquierTap, Aug 7, 2018.

1. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    The Factor Bass.

SquierTap and dbrian66 like this.
  2. jtees4

jtees4 Squier-Meister

Jun 7, 2012
    NYish
    Also, just a trick for a Gibson in case anyone ever runs into this...I did recently on a '98 DC LP. I bought it and realized when I got home, the truss rod was tight and the neck was still had too much space under the strings. the seller probably thought he got over on me. I took the truss rod nut off, put two small washers on the bolt, put the nut back and was able to tighten it and the neck became completely straight. Just a tip if anyone ever needs it. Worked like a charm. Actually I lied, I found a pix...I put THREE washers.

[​IMG]

3. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    This is one of the best setup videos out there. And you get a couple laughs out of it!

4. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Meister

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I watched this before and it made me realize, "Oh my God... Joe Walsh has NO IDEA what he's doin!!!" Lol... He couldn't even tune the damned thing! But it made me realize that people who work on guitars aren't superheroes... They don't possess magical powers or secret knowledge... And THIS video (along with all my super helpful, friendly, VERY knowledgeable Squire buddies on this forum) gave me the courage to start attempting workin on my own stuff...

Merv_j, dbrian66 and willhowl like this.