Tremolo options for Mustang Bullet.

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by Footsore, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:32 AM.

1. Footsore

Footsore Squier Talker

Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    I'm looking at some options for a project guitar and wondering if Mustang Bullet can be routed to have a Strat tremolo bridge installed. This is because I read that the Bullet body is too thin for a Mustang tremolo and I'm looking at doing something different.

2. GustangMcstang

GustangMcstang Squier Talker

Nov 9, 2018
    London UK
    I think it may well be to thin even for a strat-style trem.

Pretty sure your best option would be a top mounted trem like a Bigsby or a Duesenberg (though either of those in their official, branded iterations will cost way more than the Bullet Mustang itself). This would also entail minimal-to-zero routing, though you would have to adjust/change the bridge and possibly shim the neck to give it a proper angle.

I've got a Harley Benton Mustang copy which took a cheap Bigsby style trem very successfully.

[​IMG]

Would love to do something similar with my Bullet Mustang but really can't be arsed to make the necessary changes/adjustments to the bridge (I've already replaced the original bridge with a Wilkinson half-tele).
    What I'd really love would be a Jag/Jazzmaster style trem on the Bullet, but again, the body is just too thin.

Tell you what though, if you do get a strat-style trem onto yours I'd very much look forward to seeing it.

Footsore, drewcp and BorderRadio like this.
  3. Zipslack

Zipslack Squier Talker

Jan 7, 2018
    Brookhaven, MS, USA
  4. GustangMcstang

GustangMcstang Squier Talker

Nov 9, 2018
    London UK
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice