Top Ten Reasons – Black Bullet Mustang HH Edition

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by Pat V., Jan 23, 2017.

1. Masshole

Masshole Squier-Meister

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts USA
    Love your creativity! Great use of a mini! What is the scale on the mini?

2. bh1812

bh1812 Squier Talker

Jun 11, 2014
    fla
    GrapgTech PS-8000-00. 2 1/16 inch. I haven't tried them yet don't know of anyone that has. But it was suggested. And according to the graphtec people it will fit the Mustang Bullitt.

Masshole and Pat V. like this.
  3. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I've used Graph Tech saddles on many guitars over the years and they work really well. Just make sure you get the correct spacing size.

Graphtech Saddles.jpg

Graph Tech Saddle Spacing for Mustang.jpg

Masshole likes this.
  4. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    too funny.... I went to buy some of these GraphTech saddles and Amazon informed me that I had bought some already in March.

GT Saddles.jpg

skypeace, bh1812 and Masshole like this.
  5. bh1812

bh1812 Squier Talker

Jun 11, 2014
    fla
    I wonder if they will fit and keep the screws off the strings? (-:

Pat V. likes this.
  6. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    The stock hardware could very well have the same length issues but that's already been dealt with.

bh1812 likes this.
  7. Iancurtains

Iancurtains Squier Talker

Aug 22, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Super tempted to get a black one and put a mustang black pick guard and make a hole in it for the pickup switch and just slap on electrical tape where the side switches would be on it and switchout the humbuckers with singlecoils with black covers

Pat V. likes this.
  8. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I think it would be pretty easy to hide the switch cut-outs in the pickguard on a black on black color scheme.... but a $30.00 router from Harbor Freight will allow you to have the old-style slide switches.

https://t.harborfreight.com/14-in-24-amp-trim-router-61626.html

9. Iancurtains

Iancurtains Squier Talker

Aug 22, 2017
    Los Angeles
    30 bucks?!?! Not bad then I could have it for other projects, my mind is racing with possibilities

theflow and Pat V. like this.
  10. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Actually only $24.00 with one of the 20% off coupons that are everywhere.
    You'll also need to buy a router bit for it.

theflow likes this.
  11. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    YUP !

12. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    So I had modded at least 4 of these back when they were first released and kept two for myself (the black and a blue ones in this thread). I was trying to resist the temptation of the new FSR colors but after seeing the Surf Green model yesterday I grabbed it. If anything, the quality has improved in this new batch of Bullet Mustangs . I've seen it happen in the past where a budget guitar becomes popular and they increase production only to have the quality sag a little but this thing is amazing. It's my favorite of the three and not just because of the color that I love. I took it apart yesterday to polish the frets and put a good set of strings on it but ended up changing a few extra things including new pickups and saddles.
    These guitars are great. They're just plain fun to play (and mod :)
    I notice a new inspection stamp on the underside of the pickguard that wasn't on earlier models. This one is dated July 17th, 2017.

SQ BUL MUS FSR SFG 01.jpg SQ BUL MUS FSR SFG 02.jpg i-qnkjPgB-X3.jpg i-dsXSgVg-X3.jpg i-tRQqxDq-X3.jpg

13. MadCowsPlayStangs

MadCowsPlayStangs Squier Talker

Jan 30, 2017
    Texas, U.S.A.
    First off, wow that's clean. Second, where are these new colors, I'm not seeing them on Fender.com. And Third, they need to release a Left Handed model, like for real.

VealCutlet likes this.
  14. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I don't think you’ll find them listed on the Fender site. The Surf Green and White Bullet Mustangs are FSR colors that have just started landing at Guitar Centers and I think maybe Sam Ash. I’m guessing it won’t be long before they show up on Reverb and Ebay.

15. MadCowsPlayStangs

MadCowsPlayStangs Squier Talker

Jan 30, 2017
    Texas, U.S.A.
    This might sound stupid, but, FSR?

16. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Fender Special Run or Factory Special Run.

17. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    From the Fender folks

\"FSR\" stands for Fender Special Run. These products are specially commissioned by individual dealers and built to their specifications. As they aren\'t regular production models, FSR instruments and amps aren\'t generally available to every dealer, and Fender seldom provide specs or listings for them on its website. Your local dealer, however, should be able to provide detailed specs for any FSR products they offer.

Btw, as I said in a different post, you can see them now listed at the online GC and Musician's Friend webpages but they are listed as "preorder" although some stores have them. For example, my local GC store doesn't even know about them but a store about 80 miles away already has them, I'm told.

I don't see them listed at all at Sam Ash or Sweetwater so I'm guessing maybe just the GC/MF/M&A, WWBW and Music 123 "family" will be getting them ... or maybe just GC and MF. All five companies now have them listed.

Of course, that is not to say that Sam Ash and SW won't be getting them ... or maybe even will be getting their own FSR version, say a sunburst for example.

Other manufacturers do similar things. For example I own an Alvarez AD710 acoustic which I bought at Guitar Center. It was essentially a cheaper version of the AD70, with only one or two cosmetic differences if I remember right. I talked to the Alvarez tech rep who said it was a model made just for the GC group of retailers.

Or last year I wanted to buy a brown sunburst Yamaha acoustic. As far as I could determine that finish was only available at Kraft Music and nowhere else. However, the GC group sold another finish that was not available through Kraft. However in this case I think the Yamaha website showed all the finishes available.

18. benjammin420

benjammin420 Squier Talker

Jul 19, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    the rosewood on that fretboard definitely looks nicer than the one I tried in Sept. I wonder if those FSRs are going to make their way up to Canada

19. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-holic

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    Had me at black bullet mustang ss offset lightweight

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice