Top Ten Reasons – Black Bullet Mustang HH Edition

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by Pat V., Jan 23, 2017.

1. banjaxed

banjaxed Squier-Meister

Jan 29, 2017
    Merseyside UK
    You were right on, I just filed the nut slots and it tunes no problem now.
    Thanks again for your help.

Hugh and Pat V. like this.
  2. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    I played one of these a couple of days ago and was really disappointed. The neck was super thin and the body was probably only 1 inch thick. WTH? Looked good, I'll give it that.

3. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Cool. Glad it worked out.

Hugh likes this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    nowhere
    @Pat V. I'm reviving this thread because I want to get one of these guitars, and for the life of me I cannot find an HH pickguard for a Mustang at all, let alone one without the 2 switch cutouts at the top....

I need to you please search high and low and find where you got that pickguard....it's going to make or break the difference between me buying one in black like yours or not....

squierjosh likes this.
  5. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    The one I used for my black HH was an SS tortie that had no switch cutouts and I opened up the SS openings to accomodate HH. It was either Amazon or Ebay but I can't pinpoint where it was purchased because it wasn't advertised as not having the switch cutouts.... it was a just a fluke.

Then there was a Bullet Mustang modder on one of the forums that had an Ebay.UK seller make him a HH exactly like the stock one and I think he paid something like 18-25 USD for it. Wish I could be more help.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Guitarmageddon likes this.
  6. santos

santos Squier Talker

Jan 29, 2017
    near the beach...
    If it's any help to Guitamageddon, I got a replacement tort HH 'guard without the switch cutouts on Ebay UK from a seller based in Scotland for around £13. I'm using a vintage 60's Fender bridge which fits the 'guard perfectly for mine so I didn't have to reshape it to fit, but I did need to take a little bit off where the control plate fits. Great quality pick guard though.

Pat V. likes this.
  7. squierjosh

squierjosh Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2010
    MN
    Do they ship to US (or Canada)? Do you have the name of the seller?

8. santos

santos Squier Talker

Jan 29, 2017
    near the beach...
    Just checked my Ebay receipt, seller is 'earlpilanz' and it looks like worldwide shipping is offered.

BTW I'm not affiliated in any way with the seller. And incase I didn't mention it earlier, not all the pickguard screw holes lined up with the existing ones on my Bullet HH Mustang. I made it work okay for me, but your OCD levels may vary so be aware you might need to do a bit of drilling to get it spot on for you!

Pat V. likes this.
  9. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Cool. Thanks for the info.
    I never worry about pickguard hole placement unless a hole falls outside of the pickguard area and isn't covered up with the new pickguard.

santos likes this.
  10. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-holic

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
  11. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-holic

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    GAS OUT MY ASS
    Damn this forum

Hugh likes this.
  12. Squireitup

Squireitup Squier-Meister

May 8, 2016
    Berkshire county mass
    yea us lefties gotta stick together

Attached Files:

13. Masshole

Masshole Squier-Meister

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts USA
    When you say you kiwi'd the neck,what do you mean by that? Never heard the term kiwi'd before,curious....

14. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Post #170 (about one page back) will explain it.

15. bh1812

bh1812 Squier Talker

Jun 11, 2014
    fla
    Your guitar looks awesome. Have you changed out the bridge? Cut the intonation screws?

16. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Thanks! I plan on upgrading the bridges on both eventually but haven't yet as I've been seriously distracted with other projects. I replaced an intonation set screw on one of the Mustangs and two on the other.

bh1812 likes this.
  17. bh1812

bh1812 Squier Talker

Jun 11, 2014
    fla
    How did you find a screw to replace? Do you have the specs on that? I have two or three that are touching the string so if i could replace those then I am good to go!

18. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    The thread size is 4-40 and I think the length was 3/4". You can measure to see what length you need.

bh1812 likes this.
  19. bh1812

bh1812 Squier Talker

Jun 11, 2014
    fla
    Awesome,thanks. That's a relief. Just change out two or three of the screws that are too long. Everything elese about the guitar is great! Neck action, pick ups, simple controls, price! (-; Also, VM51 mentioned some saddles on Graphtech that will fit!

Thanks

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  20. Masshole

Masshole Squier-Meister

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts USA
    Do
    Do you know which saddles from graphtech???
    That is something I'd be interested in....love there products!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice