Today’s project

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by daan, Jun 14, 2019.

1. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    Every summer we set one of those cheap “pool inna box” pools up for the kids. The one we had last year, was more patch than pool, so I started with a new one. I had to go get a bunch of Sand to try and level out the spot it’s set up on (of course The Mrs didn’t want it in the actual flat part of the yard-why would we need to see what the kids are up to out there?) it’s still not level, but it’s at least better than last year. Every year I forget how obnoxious wrestling with 15 feet of plastic liner. 5BA36E2D-1F07-45AE-9773-3661999BC88A.jpeg A58B21F0-FEE5-4656-A412-4D2D876AB93E.jpeg 8A32989C-12E3-4D17-ABA3-36192D5B08A0.jpeg
    I bought a real filter for it-I read the specs on the little filter the pool came with. The pool holds a little less than 5000 gallons, and the filter was rated for... 360 gallons :p Now if I could just keep the water from turning green right away... it felt like it took several weeks to get the water clear last summer.

2. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    F46B495C-6A81-4E72-9BCB-49A3BFF0EC00.jpeg
    It’s hard to see in this pic, but the girls tied all the plastic from the pool packaging into a “rope” that stretched almost all the way across our yard.

3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    The wife and I had a couple of them ourselves and I really miss them. Perfect way to cool down on a hot evening.

4. My neighbors set their pool up a couple of weeks ago. Looks kinda similar to yours. I swim like a rock so no point in me owning one.
    Kids have a ball with those pools.

Cheers, Barrie.

5. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Looks like fun!

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  6. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Friends of mine have an above ground pool in their side yard, visible from the street. Their kids and grand children enjoy it every summer. I might add that the "kids" are 4 smoookin' daughters ages late teens to late 20's. I stopped by one hot day and was surprised that the pool hadn't been opened yet. I asked the Mom "what's up with the pool, how come it's not opened yet?" "Funny you should ask, the guy across the street asked the same question yesterday".

7. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    The Mrs trusted you with tools again? She likes to live dangerously I see lol.

Nice! That should be fun for the summer... Untill it needs to be cleaned that part was never fun...

Kenneth Mountain and daan like this.
  8. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Copper Chloride - BE CAREFUL its POISON ! ! ! ! ! 1/2 a teaspoon - ask a pool professional ! !

My aunt had a small in ground - her pool guy told her about it - PLEASE USE EXTRA CAUTION ! ! !

the water will be crazy clear ! ! !

Las Palmas Norte and daan like this.
  9. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-Meister

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    Lol sounds like a shrewd mom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice