Tilt Limit Exceeded

Discussion in 'MyMusic Place' started by VealCutlet, Nov 3, 2017.

1. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-Meister

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I won't pretend to call this music .

I've been playing around with a cheap looper pedal for the past few months and one night came up with this. It's little more than ambient music that kept me mesmerized for an hour the night I came up with it. I accidently flipped the TV onto the station that shows the city traffic camera network and thought that it complemented the sound coming out of the amp perfectly.

I picked up my camera phone, and started shooting the TV. At the same time I was playing with some delay parameters on the small practice amp I was playing through.

There's no way to replicate this...here's the video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OQjTHJjyHz96ubs43

2. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    I liked it ! ! Very Artsy ! ! !

VealCutlet likes this.
  3. Vladan

Vladan Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2012
    Serbia
    It's nice looking, I like this "old school" video thing, but there's no sound coming through?!

4. VealCutlet

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Click on the link, then click on the video. For me, it starts playing the sound.

And for what it's worth, the video is just me recording a live TV broadcast while my amp was playing the loop next to me.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  5. Vladan

Vladan Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2012
    Serbia
    Yes, that is "old school" video thing. People used to do a lot of tv screen recording. Btw, on second try, from mobile, I've heard the dound, too. Very appropriate, cool.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-Nut

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    What do you mean not music it’s fucking wonderful music
    Search drone or soundscape on bandcamp you’ll find many likeminded friends
    Put that to cassette etc I’m sure people will pay you for it

VealCutlet likes this.
  7. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-Nut

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    Right?

Davis Sharp likes this.
  8. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Yeah. Two unrelated things, put together, and it works. It would fit in with some projects that I've seen in modern art sections of museums.

VealCutlet likes this.
  9. VealCutlet

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Thank you very much. I am glad that you hear music in that. Many people do not. I love noise music, soundscapes, etc.

This whole thing was a product of happenstance and luck...as are many good things in life. I just happened to turn on the traffic channel. The last camera feed I filmed said "TILT LIMIT"...just seemed perfect.

I am usually happier with the more abstract music I create than the music that I create consciously.