Thinking of Squierbilly

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Papa Joe, Aug 21, 2019.

1. five teles

five teles Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2014
    shoals alabama
    Patterson and Mike grew up nearby. They had a band when I was a kid and every song was about trains. Lol. They put on a great show live..

squierTony, squierbilly and snivlem like this.
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I grew up watching BJ and the Bear on TV. I wanted to be a truck driver so bad! I got a job at a Kenworth dealer as a mechanic at the age of 18. I talked to enough over the road drivers while working there to realize that that life was not going to be for me. So a big thanks to those that keep this country running!

But I have been wrenching on heavy equipment for over 30 years now. And I have a Kenworth for a service truck, so I still get to pretend I’m BJ!

9AA1B046-80A9-4320-95B2-19E77AFC7C08.jpeg 45E9D514-FCA1-45AF-8B1A-32536DB59543.jpeg 61B1017B-B476-408E-96D6-97C8C80C41CF.jpeg

3. rolie

rolie Squier-Meister

Apr 12, 2019
    Southern California
    Much respect to Truck drivers. I used to work and check them in and out back in the day. They have a tough life. Rock stars moan about the road but truckers really have it tough. Road conditions can be really scary and then dealing with other moronic drivers and being away from loved ones for long peroids of time. Appreciate you bro!

4. snivlem

snivlem Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    Adam's House Cat? Cooley is the ****.

squierTony, five teles and dbrian66 like this.
  5. five teles

five teles Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2014
    shoals alabama
    That's it! Think they opened for Night Ranger at University of North Alabama. . It was a long time ago and i don't remember things as well as I used to. But we all left talking about the train songs lol. Cooley is definitely one of my favorite pickers. Both of them have a great tone live. .

squierTony and dbrian66 like this.
  6. JoeInMichigan

JoeInMichigan Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2018
    Michigan
    I did the same (dropped my hazmat endorsement though) kind of glad now,might have to unretire if daughter and grandkids keep shaking the money tree lol

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. Then there's the Big Rig Racing … quarter mile and oval track. There's a local Island gal that races and does quite well around the PNW region.
    Cheers, Barrie.

8. fendereedo

fendereedo Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2015
    UK
    I drove trucks for 15 years, car transporters mainly to dealerships throughout the UK and part of Europe. I loved it, but when I was away from my family I hated it. I now work on an oil platform at sea, go figure. I do 2 weeks on and 3 weeks off. Life is much more balanced than before, because at least I know how long I'll be gone.

squierbilly, five teles and vlxerdon like this.
  9. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Where's the "love" button? Or the "me too" button?

squierbilly and five teles like this.
  10. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    My dad drove, and I grew up in the cab... I wouldn't change a single thing... I was (and kinda still am) obsessed with Smokey and the Bandit, and basically all things semi related... I appreciate all the gear jammers out there... Keep the greasy side down, watch for them bears (and beavers) and get to the barn safe... I'm 10-10 on the side... Lol...

squierbilly and five teles like this.
  11. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    SoundDesign likes this.
  12. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
    I drove for Pepsi for a couple of years. I was the out of town driver.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice