The Outcome of my "Read-only" Mode of this very forum...

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by Herzal, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Herzal

Herzal Squier Talker

Jan 10, 2019
    Vienna. Austria
    I'v been reading here for quite a while when i was looking for some inspiration on what to do with my Affinity Jazzmaster.
    I think it went pretty well...

Tuning Keys are actually really cheap Locking Tuners i've ordered via Amazon from China.
    Decent Quality though, seem to be pretty stable, same goes for the Bridge.
    Got rid of the Toggle Switch and Tone Control, PU is a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat P90.
    Pickguard is Custommade by a Viennese Luthier.

Any Feedback on this?

. JM1.jpg JM2.jpg JM3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    rorygman, daan, squierbilly and 11 others like this.
  2. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    VERY unique Jazzy! I bet that SD P90 sounds awesome!

dbrian66, Loin Lover and Taurus like this.
  3. Herzal

Herzal Squier Talker

Jan 10, 2019
    Vienna. Austria
    It does. Totally can recommend. Bought another one who might find its way into my Bullet Mustang. :D

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Nut

I would explore placing a second P90 at the neck. You would have a much more versatile instrument.

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    It’s like a jazzmaster Les Paul JR. Classy and simple. I probably would have used a 3 ply b/w/b pickguard, but otherwise you nailed it. Now, make a video of let’n it rip!

dbrian66 likes this.
  6. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    First off, welcome to the forum! Glad you’re not just reading anymore!

Second, that guitar is sweet! I love the simplicity of it. Nice job!

7. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Ah, but that wouldn't lead to understanding the versatility of a single-pickup instrument. You have to work at it. With a good amp that's set right, control over picking dynamics, and volume/tone knob twisting, a Les Paul Junior, SG Junior, or Esquire can produce a broad range of tone.

Looks like this one is an inexpensive, basic, blaster. I like the look of it.

The ever-over-the-top, yet fun Phil X prefers a single P-90. Here, he demonstrates how you get everything out of a single P-90 guitar:

squierbilly likes this.
  8. Herzal

Herzal Squier Talker

Jan 10, 2019
    Vienna. Austria
    Though i know that a SinglePU Guitar CAN be quite versatily, that's not what i intended to do :) I kinda was lookin at what kind of sound i want/need for the style i play (Melodic Hardcore).
    Since i run it into some pedals (basically Digitech Bad Monkey and EHX Canyon) and on to my Orange Dual Terror this sounds really nice.
    I kinda have 2 sounds, based on what the song needs. Sound 1 is a slightly crunchy (Gain is set pretty low on my OD) with some Shimmer Reverb from the Canyon. Sound 2 is pure Mid-Gain-y, Orange Awesomeness. :cool:

CVSteve likes this.
  9. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I like it!. Nice job!. Welcome to the forum. As you have seen in read only mode, we like mods and pics here!!!

10. Worshipcaster

Worshipcaster Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2012
    Dominican Republic
    Very unique and classy looking! Welcome aboard ;)

11. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-holic

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Interesting point you make regarding sticking with the P90 because of the pedals you're using because with my guitars I think the pedals I'm using sound better with single coils. Lower output than a humbucker and definitely more definition in the lows and low mids. I think it's a cleaner signal into the effects, allowing better tone and tonal colors with each effect right where you want it and the amp can reproduce it better.

Herzal likes this.
  12. jtees4

jtees4 Squier-Meister

Jun 7, 2012
    NYish
    I like the look!!!

Herzal likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice