The ONE you play everyday

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by brians, Jul 11, 2019.

1. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Close that up with Liquid Skin (New Skin) and forget about it!

JurnyWannaBe, dbrian66 and duggerh like this.
  2. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
  3. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
  4. spellcaster

spellcaster Squier-Meister

Nov 25, 2010
    Duncan, BC Canada
  5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    That suuucks, brother... Hang in there... I feel your pain...

6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    IMG_20190204_090258038.jpg
    "The Wreck" aka "Strattifer"
    My trusty, dusty, '97 MIM Squier Strat... My Pop bought this for me brand new, Christmas of '97... Squier used Fender necks and bodies that year, and usually everyone that picked up this "lowly" Squier most always commented how it played and sounded just like a "real Fender!", Lol... This is what made me into a rabid Squier fanatic... The only upgrades it has is the pickguard, the pots have been switched out to full size CTSs, an orange drop capacitor, and I added the "Blender" mod... Still has original pups, tuners, and everything else... No matter what guitars I have, I ALWAYS come back to this one...

7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    DSCN0748.JPG My American Performer Strat, the best Strat I've ever owned, and I've had dozens over 50 years, and it's simply the best guitar of any style that I've ever owned over those 50 tears.

8. Tried playing today … not bad over all I guess. Now I have to find a safe way of removing the sticky adhesive that transferred from my bandage to the back of the neck. :rolleyes:
    Cheers, Barrie.

9. I used some 70% rubbing alcohol and the adhesive disappeared. Used a guitar polish afterward … gold!
    Cheers, Barrie.

10. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities

I feel like I should know this, but... is there a thread on your Beck Strat? That’s pushing all my buttons!

SquierTap, dbrian66, brians and 3 others like this.
  11. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I just got this back up and running the other day, I played it every moment I wasn’t required to do something. I’m on vacation right now, but I’d almost rather be back home playing it! It sounds great though my Peavey bass amp, so I’m real excited to hear it through my VHT!

Attached Files:

12. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    48D25E88-871C-43AB-AF30-231BC5E72781.jpeg I had a heart attack last fall and I just about left this old world. My heart Dr recommended that I get a hobby to help deal with stress. I’ve always fooled around with guitars but I never was super serious about it. Mrs JWB got this for my Christmas present last year. I’ll be buried with this one. This is Cherry, my # 1 go to :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  13. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Yamaha APX500III, it’s also the one that gets played out the most.
    A9F4D8D3-26C9-4B57-8B4F-A0A7C31ED418.jpeg

14. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    [​IMG]
    My AO Jag and my Skylar! She’s loves the Jag as well. I leave it out so she can jam on it.

[​IMG]

My #2 and it doubles as a Roxy platform.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. mrriggs

mrriggs Squier-Meister

Apr 27, 2018
    Vancouver, WA
    [​IMG]

This is the one I always grab. Not sure why. It's the cheapest, least-nice guitar I own, plugged into a $15 amp through a found-on-curb cab. Doesn't make sense... doesn't have to... good is good.

16. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    This is my number one this week, put it together last week, vm loaded body and a 86 mij Squier neck. IMG_20190712_004326.jpg

17. Tamarindo03

Tamarindo03 Squier-Meister

Mar 18, 2017
    Lucerne
    duggerh, daan and dbrian66 like this.
  18. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    This one

180417++.jpg

... and this one

08.jpg

... and that one

2019-03-28 1.JPG
    I'd put two more, but you wouldn't believe me. If I play more than an hour, most of these 5 willl get played.

OK, OK, I'll show them

10.jpg

170206 après set-up.jpg

19. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Well...I'm only getting back into playing since I just had my surgery. I have so much to catch up on that playing everyday isn't an option. There's so much that's been neglected over the last 5 years...plus I don't even have a working tuner right now, all of my guitars are in sad shape set up wise, and my dog chewed my last instrument cables. Im ordering cables and a tuner and as soon as I have some free time I'm going to get a couple of guitars playing right.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

20. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I play my Blacktop Jaguar everyday:

018.JPG

In fact, I'm putting it in the case this weekend, because it plays so smoothly I worry that I'm getting soft. Nothing but unforgiving Telecasters this weekend for me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice