Thank You Mr. FedEx Man!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by duceditor, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I don't even trust my neighbors.

2. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    :(

I cannot imagine living in such conditions. Are you okay with that? Must you stay there? The world is so large. The range of places so great.

-don

3. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Here’s a nice overview of the Americana Series.

duceditor likes this.
  4. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    That's about the best overview video I've yet seen. Thanks!

To my surprise it's the Black Holiday that was most won me over. I suppose it shouldn't have -- the two pickup three-way switch with volume and tone has been the basis of more good guitar designs than any other. Les Paul, Tele, Jazzmaster, Jaguar -- all are built around exploiting that theme, and showing their differences via scale, PUP voice and basic construction.

Add to that the Black's lightness and perfect balance and it truly is a heart grabber.

I've yet to find a real use for piezo of the White Holiday. (Somewhat of a disappointment.) It trem unit may even beat out the Jazzmaster's for sensitivity and feel. But it adds a lot to the weight of the guitar and somewhat spoils its balance.

Still, I am glad to have both. (God, that White Holiday is gorgeous!!!)

But again, it's the BH that I love. And coupled with the Blues King I have my third voice.

1) Surf/pre surf -- A Jazzmaster or Jag through a amp with a classic Fender clean sound, loaded with a touch of trem and gobs of reverb.
    2) My original rockers -- The Les Paul CM or a P90 equipped Epi through the heavily driven (and volume limited) Sweet Baby
    3) Other beat-driven rock and blues -- The Black Holiday through the Blues King 12​

All great and very distinctive instrument combinations. Expressive. Toneful. Each a delight to play. And all requiring little tonal diddling or artificial tone manipulation.

Just the thing for an old-timer like me. Rigs that dig right down to my musical roots.

-don

5. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Has this been shared before?

Mighty sweet. And it quite accurately IMO gets to what this amp is all about, and why it really is something special.

Oh, and dig that guitar. Coming soon. Beautiful!

-don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice