Tele Picture Thread...post pics of your Teles here

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by ebidis, Dec 31, 2015.

1. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    The black MP on the right is my latest Tele. Love it so far, very nice with a lot of tone options. Original owner had put a Bare Knuckle Aftermath in but I told him I'd take it out and return it to him so I put in a Tone Emporium (not sure which model) that I had laying around.

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      219 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      170.1 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      133 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      159.5 KB
      Views:
  2. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-Meister

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    The Tele is the type of guitar that will typically outlast its owner, even more so than a Strat (in my opinion anyway) just because it's a much more simple kind of a beast. They do hold up very well through years and years of heavy use. So when you say you'll never outplay them I believe it. You've got to outlive them! Nice stable of super fine tone and dependability you've got here! We'll need some wear and tear photos sometime in the next 10 years!

nicod98 and clking61 like this.
  3. Steelcityowl

Steelcityowl Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2016
    Sheffield UK
    That's a Fender Modern player.
    Tele neck pickup, strat middle and bridge bucker. Standard wiring with coil split on the bucker

4. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2010
    pittsburgh
    IMG_0908.JPG IMG_3993.JPG My rose wood Tele made by Jay Turser is my only Telecaster and my all time favorite Telecaster. I bought it used a few years back over the internet from Guitar Center for $79.00. I replaced the pickups and did a wiring modification call Black Guard. It was the stock wiring for Telecasters from the strat to about 1966,

5. Gem23

Gem23 Squier-Meister

Apr 11, 2017
    Somerset, UK
    Very tasty. Is that rosewood veneer? Well made guitars eh? How's the neck?

wonkenstein likes this.
  6. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    Two winners! And what's behind it looks a lot like my desk :D

clking61 likes this.
  7. clking61

clking61 Squier Talker

Sep 29, 2015
    CAMDEN, N.C
    Yeah a mess...that desk is

wonkenstein likes this.
  8. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Very nice ! I am I am "flipping" my controls today,it just makes sense to me !

wonkenstein likes this.
  9. wonkenstein

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Super nice grain on that ash body!

Gem23 likes this.
  10. Gem23

Gem23 Squier-Meister

Apr 11, 2017
    Somerset, UK
    Thanks, yes, bizarrely that was covered with sonic blue nitro painted badly...

wonkenstein likes this.
  11. wonkenstein

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    I was originally inspired by Bill Kirchen to do this. Even way back he was using machine screws and threaded steel inserts to couple the neck to the body - he'd slacken the strings, decouple the neck from the body of his vintage 50s Tele, put it in a carry-on bag and take it right on the plane with him. But he was also the first player I knew of that flipped the controls this way so you could have the volume control within reach of your pinky for really easy volume swells. Once I made that switch I was definitely hooked. I think you're going to like it. You may need longer leads from the pickups to the switch if you're doing it with a stock Tele. On my first Tele (now long gone) that's what I had to do. With these two Teles I built, I set them up and wired them that way right from the git-go. Have fun bro, enjoy!

theflow likes this.
  12. wonkenstein

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    When you strip a solid color off, sometimes the grain isn't matched well or there's a lot of filler to hide imperfections in the wood - you just don't know what you'll find until you see it. I'll bet you were really happy when you saw this! Fender, Fender Japan and Squier all have done this with their bodies. The transparent/semi transparent and sunbursts would be sprayed on the one piece or two piece better looking bodies and everything else would get a solid color - unless there was a special order for a custom color and all they had ready for assembly was the nice, clear grained stuff. I'll bet that's why you have such a nicely grained body. Your Tele is a real beauty and that grain looks like your guitar has that nice punch and pop on the bottom end with the bridge pickup on, too. It reminds me of a '53 or a '54 ash body that's been around for a while.

13. Gem23

Gem23 Squier-Meister

Apr 11, 2017
    Somerset, UK
    Thanks, it's a strange story to this tho, as its an aftermarket body put together by someone who added what they thought was an early Tokai neck. Then it was sold on as a replica, (with fender spaghetti logo) Unless tokai stamped the neck butt end with the same font and style as Fender, I was inclined to think that what I have is actually a '65 neck on a newish body.. But I dont care, the neck is gorgeous, I wouldn't sell it anyway, the body has been stripped and cellulose lacquered with a bit of amber in the laquer.. It's a thin finish. :)

wonkenstein likes this.
  14. wonkenstein

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    It certainly looks like the real deal - if it is a Tokai neck it's top quality - Tokais are going for top dollar these days - but no matter - this Tele of yours definitely looks like it's been a keeper all along. Sometimes we just get really lucky with the happy accidents, don't we? ;-)

15. Gem23

Gem23 Squier-Meister

Apr 11, 2017
    Somerset, UK
    This was a very happy accident indeed! Was local enough to try it out first too. Something too tempting to avoid getting it. One of those hunches that's worth following..

16. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Monoprice Retro Vision T-type
    20161107_170520.jpg

Big tuna, surf green and wonkenstein like this.
  17. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I love Bill Kirchen ! He and Greg Koch are the two Tele Masters imho .

Big tuna and wonkenstein like this.
  18. wonkenstein

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Yeah - they are both still at it! Every so often Bill Kirchen shows up in one of Dan Erlewine's repair videos for Stewart MacDonald - they're funny. These days Bill's using a Tele made out of reclaimed pine that's got a baseball bat maple neck with no truss rod in it. Like the older Martins, it relies on fret compression to keep the neck in line. But audio clips of this guitar sound great. I don't know what he's using for pickups.

theflow likes this.
  19. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Yes I saw that Tele in a video with the guy that sold it or made it for him I can't quite recall but,you are correct it sounds amazing !

wonkenstein likes this.