Tele Bridge Pickup Advice

Discussion in 'Pickup Joint' started by RetiredNSquired, Aug 23, 2019.

1. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Well, as much I planned on standing pat on guitars, the tendrils of GAS have begun to wind around my brain again! Sooooooooo........... just starting to do my research for what will either be an extensive mod project, or a ground-up partscaster. Have in mind a P90 soapbar in the neck position, standard Tele bridge style. What I'm looking for is a nice bridge pup with some good Tele snap to it, but not thin and spiky. Some real guts to the tone, for lack of a better term, a "swampy" type sound (my description for a real funky tone). Also would be great to not break the bank in the process, so anything from GM or similar would be welcome! Suggestions?

jjudas and ElRey67 like this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Talk to Ken @ Rose Pickups......he could make EXACTLY what you want by your description.....and wouldn't break the bank.....

If you want even cheaper, I highly recommend eyguitarmusic's Eric Custom pickups..I had one of these in a Squier Bullet FSR Surf Green Tele, and loved it! His tele neck pickup was okay, so-so, but the bridge was amazing!

https://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Eric-...ckupVitage-Cloth-WireAlnico5-Rods_p_1465.html

$16.66 plus shipping - gets cheaper if you bundle with other components like electronics etc....

3. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Those definitely look interesting! Definitely in the "consideration" group. Thanks for that, had not heard of them.

jamndad likes this.
  4. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    You’re going to get a whole soufflé of opinions so I’ll throw my two cents in also.
    I have a Kent Armstrong in one of my toys and I really like the bridge not super hot but has that swampy Tele tone. I have a GM bridge pick up I think it is the hot one it definitely has a hotter mid range growl , if you can find a G&L pup that would be a good choice also. I think someone already said Rose pick ups I haven’t tried them but I can guarantee it you’d like that. I’m not a huge fan of GF S. I’ve had a few and some were pretty decent and some are just eeh. I think my favorite is the diMarzio area T

5. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    I've bought some Rose product. Quality is top notch.

6. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Administrator Staff Member

Dec 30, 2009
    texas
    Admin Post
    Rose Alba...

7. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Mate a P90 bridge with a Rose T90 bridge, a P90 type sound in a standard Tele bridge setup.

But then again, I don't get the pervasive desire for the 'Tele Twang' (nor the Strat Quack), so I'm biased.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice