Super Strats

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal Thunder' started by wickedtools, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    no it was 3 rd gen someone told me - no adjusters - I see them all the time I'll snag another

2. mikesr1963

mikesr1963 Squier-Nut

May 6, 2016
    Virginia
    So someone want to dump one of those pesky 2001 Squier Stagemasters with darned old Floyd Rose trem. I could maybe slide you 50 bucks if your hard up. You know, just say'in.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. Dave M

Dave M Squier Talker

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    hmmmmm...my next purchase will be an RG...I loved the eighties ! And FR and the wide fretboard.

Attached Files:

4. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    Interesting. I have an RGX 312 in factory case with EMG actives. An 85 in the bridge. In plug it in and play it shape. The hinges on the case are going to have to be rivited with washers inside, so the case will require repair. It is hanging at the shop for sale right now.

5. kosti

kosti Squier-Meister

Jan 24, 2018
    Somewhere in Time
    My first guitar was a Talon. Got it at Sam Ash in NYC ca 1994. I will never forget that day. Got it along with a DOD Metal Maniac pedal and I just hooked it up to my home stereo at first before getting an amp. I stupidly sold it on e-bay, regretted it and tracked down the buyer and bought it back from him. I have two Talons in my collection now. One is tuned to B and I pick it up when I want to play Amon Amarth or stuff like that. The other I use for classic metal. They are quality instruments and were made at Fujigen if I am not mistaken. I think the Talons were the first Super Strats that used the AANJ even before Ibanez took up that design. They also came with real Floyd Rose trems or US made Kahler trems and some had Dimarzio pups.

I usually just play my Squier Strats nowadays, but if you can find a good deal on a Talon, go for it. Expect paint chips on the bodies though :D.

wickedtools likes this.