Super Guitar Strap Bargain

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by duceditor, Nov 29, 2018.

1. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Yes it is!!!

duceditor likes this.
  2. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Got mine in yesterday, great quality straps :)

duceditor likes this.
  3. txflood

txflood Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    North Carolina
    My package from China finally arrived as well. I told the family to put it in my stocking for something to look forward to.

duceditor likes this.
  4. Rollmeaway

Rollmeaway Squier-Nut

Feb 7, 2016
    Fayetteville, NC
    Early January on my two. And thanks for the heads up Don.

duceditor likes this.
  5. willhowl

willhowl Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2011
    Houston Texas
    Well,my strap arrived today......A really nice feeling rig,unreal for the money!!!!

Reminds me of the time I found an Ernie Ball nylon strap, great shape, for $4.04, in a resale...........Course, the EB was attached to a "genuine" Hannah Montana Washburn Tele style guitar........All for $4.04!!!!!!

OK....I ordered THIS strap on Nov. 29. got it today, Jan. 03.......I always order stuff right around different holidays.....DOH!!!!!

New project coming up.....will report soon.....willhowl..........

Now here's a little mod I came up with to smooth out the junction of the extension strap...A little Sharpie helps.........

DSCN4424.JPG DSCN4425.JPG .

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    wickedtools likes this.
  6. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Oh, and they break in really, really nice. :)

So much so, in fact, that I find myself choosing to play a guitar based on its strap comfort. (So now I'm going to put these on several other guitars!)

The why of this comfort isn't clear to me. Just the right level of stiffness/softness. Thus good support with absolutely no shoulder chafing.

Be interesting to see if the durability proves to be there as well. So far there is absolutely no undesirable wear. But that ain't the same as years, and some of my straps have lasted that long.
    (30 years in one case!)

-don

7. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
  8. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Wow and only 4 times the money! :)

I do not think all these straps are alike though do look the same. The one in the add there is PU leather, which is 100% man made. Another one selling out there is a split hide leather product, and another is a sort of a composite of leather and PU.
    Of course there is always the great descriptions often not accurate at all that the Asians use. On purpose? or not.

We all know that just because something looks the same does not mean it actually is.

9. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    True, but I researched PU 'leather' and it is real thin leather bonded to synthetic. There is a minimal amount of leather there.

10. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    It's not really thin.

What it isn't is fine grained, thus the PU surface. More raw cowhide. And as such not in itself pretty.

(But with the PU surface it is pretty.)

This construction, btw, is common on lots of leather furniture, including "leather" automobile upholstery (apart from that in upscale cars).

How strong it is is demonstrated that no stitching is needed around the cuts where the guitar 'buttons' are installed. And no, mine is showing absolutely no signs of stress there.

-don

11. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    What ever it, they, those are..... I like mine a lot other than the Fender logo. I am going to attempt to cover or burn off the logos on mine.

The first one I got was from GearBest and the original add did NOT show the logo. I was surprised when it showed up that way. I admit, the next two did and I bought anyway.............. shame

Maybe a note to Fender first asking about it might be the thing to do.

12. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2017
    ABQ
    I have a bunch of "trading fodder" straps to sweeten trade deals, When I run out I may get a few of these.

Davey and duceditor like this.
  13. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    I ordered one last night. To my fellow Canadians, they're available on Amazon Canada.

duceditor likes this.