Wanted Sunburst Strat body and other misc. parts

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by WNCStratman, Aug 30, 2019.

1. WNCStratman

WNCStratman Squier-Meister

Aug 21, 2019
    North Carolina
    Evening y’all!!
    I’m currently on the lookout for a sunburst body, and a neck for a Strat build I’m working on. For the body I would be okay with sunburst, vintage burst, antique burst, tobacco burst or cherry burst finish. Sunburst finish is my number one preference though. Affinity series, SE series, Standard series, VM series or CV series bodies are all fine. I’m not interested in a Bullet series body. Any of the other series bodies though, I would definitely be interested in. Also neck wise, I am fine with any of the series necks except for a Bullet neck.
    So to condense all that down, I’m looking for a burst body in any series but a bullet series and a neck in any other series that isn’t a bullet. Let me know what you have and a price. I am looking to build in a budget(I’ve got a six month old daughter and she’s already emptying my wallet lol) so if you’re wanting bigger money for a body or neck you might have, I’m probably not the guy to sell it to. I’m not asking for freebies but I’m not tying to break the bank with this build.
    Thanks in advance to any who have anything they would be willing to sell, I appreciate it.

Flying Z likes this.
  2. jskeen

jskeen Squier-holic

Feb 9, 2016
    Texas
    I dont have one at the moment, but I am curious about a couple things. What specific difference is there between an affinity body and a bullet body that makes one better than the next, and same for the necks, other than the lable?

3. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Why would you want an Affinity body but not a Bullet when they are the same thickness? This doesn't make any sense to me - they are both thinner bodies.

Flying Z likes this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Nothing is better about an Affinity body compared to a Bullet that I'm aware of. The OP might be thinking the Affinity is a full thickness body, that's all I can think of (but it's not). The Affinity neck is thinner at the nut (fretboard width).

radiotech likes this.
  5. jskeen

jskeen Squier-holic

Feb 9, 2016
    Texas
    I forget that that narrower nut thing is a bonus for some people if they like it and are building for themselves. Its the kiss of death for resale value.

Rey08 and Guitarmageddon like this.
  6. WNCStratman

Aug 21, 2019
    North Carolina
    I am not particularly concerned about resale value. I’m building this guitar for myself, not to try and sale to make a profit. This is about building something that mirrors a particular Fender Jazz Bass that was iconic to me in my youth.
    If y’all have suggestions, tips, knowledge to impart, I am fully open to hearing you out. I don’t have any experience building so any knowledge that y’all have and are willing to share, I’m open to.
    I am aware that the Affinity bodies are not full thickness and have a narrower nut. What suggestions do y’all have? I want to build something I can be proud of and play and most of all, keep.

7. WNCStratman

Aug 21, 2019
    North Carolina
  8. WNCStratman

Aug 21, 2019
    North Carolina
    The real question is, am I just better off buying a new Bullet Strat in sunburst, and just replacing the pickguard and pups?

9. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I wuld look for a sunburst SE and mod that.

10. WNCStratman

Aug 21, 2019
    North Carolina
    Appreciate the advice man.

11. fuelish

fuelish Squier-Nut

Possibly...

WNCStratman likes this.
  12. frankthedog

frankthedog Squier-Meister

May 17, 2010
    SE Ohio
    If you want to build one kinda from scratch, Guitar Fetish is having a Labor Day sale and has some sunburst bodies and Strat necks really cheap in their clearance section. If you use their coupon codes you can get another 37% off their regular clearance prices. I haven't done much with their bodies and necks but the prices are sure good.

https://www.guitarfetish.com/Big-LABOR-DAY-Sale_c_830.html

WNCStratman and Wizzer like this.
  13. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Looking for a maple fretboard or rosewood, @WNCStratman ?

WNCStratman likes this.
  14. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
  15. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    Budget stuff will be Affinty, SE,and maybe Standard, but you'll have to wait.... Whole guitars will be cheaper than parts..o_OPawn Shops are a great resource Too !!!!!.:) at least watch this...http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=202765822445

WNCStratman likes this.
  16. WNCStratman

Aug 21, 2019
    North Carolina
    I’m a Rosewood guy. Not knocking Maple, it’s great too but Rosewood has been and always will be my preference. I’m definitely a classic style kind of guy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice