Studio room

Discussion in 'Home Recording and Studios' started by fadetoz, Feb 9, 2019.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Well my studio room setup is getting better than it's been in awhile. Here's a shot with about half the family all hanging out. I think I'm going to put some P90s in the artcore too.
    IMG_20190208_231703083.jpg

2. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Lookin' good..And nice and roomy too..
    P90s are something all guitarists need..

3. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Excellent! Looks like a nice place to play in.

4. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    LOL!! I have 19 year old twin boys. Don't get me wrong. Love them to death, but I'm eyeballin' the middle room on the north wing of the house. :D

Nice studio. @fadetoz

5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Looking real nice !

I'm jelly for sure !

6. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    That’s awesome!

Good thing about music, when it hits you ya feel no pain.

7. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Looking good. Can probably cover any kind of tone out there with your setup there.

8. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    You have some nice gear. I like the different amps you have scattered about. The room is looking good!

9. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
    Looks good. I dream of the day I can own a home again and have my own studio.

10. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Between the Fender amps and the Jet City I can cover allot of tones for sure. The Ibanez has a set of Tesla pickups so I'm covered for anything up to Heavy Metal :)

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  11. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Spent this evening working on the studio room. it was the dumping ground for the Church garage sale items and still has a bunch of my daughters toys.
    I need to clear out the closet in our spare room that has all my guitar parts then build a nice solid shelf so my daughters Harry Potter legos can go in there as a display (Don't ask).
    Then a few big toys can go in the bottom of the closet and my studio is cleared out and all mine. This first picture is the view from my webcam I got to do some youtube videos eventually.
    Then a few random picture of the room and the toys that are on the way out. Just thought i'd share. I like seeing music rooms and guitars etc when you all post them. Always cool to get ideas for my own.

WIN_20190523_21_42_27_Pro.jpg IMG_20190523_211604.jpg IMG_20190523_211747.jpg IMG_20190523_211907.jpg MVIMG_20190523_211349.jpg

12. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    That is so cool, very nice home studio.

13. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    Both look really nice.

Square rooms with flat, reflective walls: can I interest you in some sound treatment?

14. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
  15. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Yeah at some point I need to invest a little in some sound treatment. I know I need it but it's hard to get excited about dishing out cash for that. You know what I mean?

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  16. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    Oh yes, I know. My music room is small, so balancing treatment to stop the echo chamber, but not stifle everything and make the room dead, took time and money.

Kenneth Mountain and fadetoz like this.
  17. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Some strategically hung curtains on the walls can work well in a pinch for very low cost. The room looks good and I can totally relate to the toy storage struggle as well lol.

Kenneth Mountain and fadetoz like this.
  18. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier-holic

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    Really Cool studio ya got there. I got a spare bedroom well I guess I should say cat play room. Da baby moma wont let me have it for a studio. Sooner or later somethings got to give I am out of room in my little corner. I have stuff in the living room, under the bed and in the closet. I have it all organized but its a pain getting every thing out then having to put everything away.

This is what its like when I work on my geetars.
    Stuff.2.jpg

Cats room. GRRRRR!!
    Room.st.jpg

Attached Files:

19. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    The music room situation has been a battle since I moved. I initially had an upstairs bedroom that was small and it was terrible for sound. It was also too loud for the family. So I finally moved it downstairs and it has been a hard fight to get all the junk out of there. My old house was allot bigger with lots of storage. Some of you may remember how big my studio room was there.

The problem with having to put everything up and in different rooms is you end up not using it or just say forget it if it's too much work. If I can't just grab a guitar and hit a power switch I just skip it allot of times.

I'm close to having things settled and once everything is where it's staying I'll have to do some wall treatment. I still am working on having a wall built where the black curtain is. So I'll have 1 more major inconvenience in the studio room but it will be worth it I think. What do you all think? Is it better to have the curtain than a wall so it's soaking up sound?

Kenneth Mountain and oneLOCOman like this.
  20. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I forgot these are hanging on the stairway. Some art my daughter did in 2015.
    IMG_20190523_211454.jpg IMG_20190523_211512.jpg
    You may notice it's from the same time I released the JEM Album.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice