Stompin' Tom Conners.

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Las Palmas Norte, Mar 14, 2019.

1. A Canadian country music legend and Canada's "man in black."
    Something tweaked and it was the memory of his passing 6 years ago (February 9, 1936 – March 6, 2013)
    He always had his "Stompin' board" under his boots on stage,. and packed 'em in where ever he went.

Cheers, Barrie.

2. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Back in the 70's after graduating hs i went to Canada to stay with friends in Ontario i saw him on tv one night and loved this guy! I'm from Tn and we got country music nailed right,but we didn't have a dude stomping a board and singing songs about beavers! I have been a fan since RIP Tom C

3. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2016
    Wow! I'd never heard of Stompin' Tom til now. I'll have to check out some more if only to hear that accent in greater detail! ...he sorta bears a resemblance to John Wayne to my eye.

4. That accent comes from maritime eastern Canada. It's unique for sure.
    I once had a truck driver from back there ask me for directions. His accent was a strong "Newfee" (Newfoundland) and I couldn't understand him.
    I finally had to call over a co-worker who was originally from there to figure out what he was saying and help out.
    I think there's a very heavy Irish influence in their lingo.

Cheers, Barrie.

Big tuna and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  5. Afrika61

Afrika61 Squier-Nut

New Brunswick I believe.
    He was a Canadian icon and even a born and bred Guess Who fan like myself(Burton Cummings dated my sister at one point and his Gran lived down the block from us) adored Stompin Tom. I also admire the stand that he took on CanCon, basically saying that if your music wasn't good enough to get radio play without a law mandating it, then it didn't deserve to be listened to. He backed up that statement by returning his Junos in protest. And how much more Canadian can you get then Stompin Tom singing this song:

6. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    I wish my sister dated BC lol! My favorite band back in the day and still love there stuff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice