Squier's Killin It @ Anderton's!

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by SquierTap, Jul 9, 2019.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    And he's got GREAT ears, like I mentioned earlier... He can usually nail "which one is the tube amp?" or "what kind of pickups are these?"
    So what does that tell us?
    ;)

2. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Right on, brother, right on...

3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    You're right... These videos can be helpful and offer a different perspective and all, but at the end of the day, they're promotional material for Anderton's and they're there to sell their products... They're not gonna recommend Guitar Fetish or anywhere cheaper like that... They probably don't want you to know those places EXIST... Lol... Let alone how much cheaper they are... Just like Lee's view of: "I don't like modded guitars, I'd rather just spend the money and get a "good" guitar off the rack and not touch it..." He's a business man, man... Lol...

drewcp likes this.
  4. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    As my Mom always says, "For lack of knowledge, my people perish..."
    ;)

wonkenstein likes this.
  5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    It definitely made 'em more "honest" and "relatable" in alot of people's book though, I bet...
    ;)

5ofeight and BlueSquirrel like this.
  6. Squierplayer1

Squierplayer1 Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    By the way, i tried a MIM bridge too, the one everyone buys on ebay for $20 to replace the CV trem. I preferred the CV over that too. But someone here wants to trade the MIM trem for a GHS steel block and it looks like we'll be doing that. So we'll see how that goes. I figured the MIM is new and i'll never use it again so why not try the steel block. I won't be the least bit surprised if i still prefer the stock block tho !

SquierTap likes this.
  7. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    I totally agree with you. Rob's got amazing ears and he is very knowledgeable in all-things guitar... I think he's cool. I just wish he would play other styles as well (I'm sure he can play anything).

SquierTap likes this.
  8. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Squier-Meister

Aug 27, 2012
    phoenix,az
    When I got my CV 60 strat, I upgraded the trem block/bridge combo with a full size fender steel block and it came with a fender stamped steel bridge. Made an improvement, but honestly, I didn't need to do the upgrade. I left the rest of the CV alone!

That said, when I got an affinity strat for $60, the original CV bridge/block went into it, and was a very good upgrade for that guitar.

Squiers may need a little more help getting them set up, but you still save money. I find that honestly, they only need a good set up. Everything else is nice for the money, especially a non-pro like me who just plays by myself to relieve stress. But the cool thing is upgrading electronics allows you to experiment, or even just change for a new sound, and you can do it on a budget. That is why I love Squiers.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    SquierTap, brians and so1om like this.
  9. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    At least you can get a good American Strat for far less than a standard American Les Paul. The people at Gibson are smoking something. I have played every level of Squier several MIM Fenders and a couple American Fenders. My ears and hands can't tell the difference between the high end Squiers, MIMs and Americans. I will probably never pop for an American Fender unless an unexpected deal is dropped in my lap... like, well under a thousand bucks. My recent purchase of an MIM Deluxe Roadhouse Strat is as expensive as I'm going to go and I have to admit I truly love that guitar.

SquierTap and wonkenstein like this.
  10. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Dead on... You get it... Lol...

VealCutlet likes this.
  11. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-Nut

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I never saw fit to upgrade the trem on my CV50s LPB (FSR -yes way too many acronyms) Strat...now with this beautiful patina on the thing I see no reason to "upgrade". I use the trem frequently, and it stays in tune. Action has been great from day one and has needed only the occasional truss rod tweak and maybe 2-3 small intonation adjustments since the day I took it out of the box.

upload_2019-7-11_23-6-56.png

12. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-Nut

Apr 18, 2014
    ———-
    I've seen videos of people playing Squiers with Fender pickups in them and I've seen videos of people comparing stock Squiers to stock Fenders, and now this video of a modded Squier to a stock Fender, but with a very strange choice of pickups. What I've never seen is somebody compare a stock Fender to a Squier fitted with the same pickups as the Fender.

I don't think Andertons will ever do that because it's not in their interests.

John Slinger likes this.
  13. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I’m just glad Chappers stopped wearing that stupid rag on his head .

14. John Slinger

John Slinger Squier-Meister

Apr 26, 2019
    Greenville
    Do it !

15. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-Nut

Apr 18, 2014
    ———-
    I’d love to do it but I’d have to buy a Fender Strat and a set of Fender pickups. :confused:

Maybe we could do it between us....the forum members I mean. Pick some chords, riffs, melodies whatever, make sure we used the same recording software and Strat models that were as similar as possible, then upload the results and compare them? I’d be prepared to buy some Fender pickups and put them in one of my CV Strats or my Deluxe so we just need someone with a MIA Fender Strat, fitted with pickups that are easy to buy. I’m planning on getting Reaper...I don’t know what effects/plugins it comes with as standard but I’m sure we could work something out. Alternatively, if anybody wants to send me their MIA Fender Strat, I’d be willing to accept it, begrudgingly. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice