Squier telecaster HH

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by heave1, Dec 7, 2019.

1. heave1

heave1 Squier Talker

Jul 9, 2019
    Norman Oklahoma
    Is it possible to replace the Squier contemporary Humbucker bridge with a regular tele ashtray bridge and single coil PU?
    And yes I know it's easier to just buy a Tele with an ashtray bridge and I know it might be difficult.
    I am just asking if it is possible.

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    You've asked this before...

http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/squier-telecaster-pickup-cavities.167129/#post-871820

Anything is possible if you have the tools to fill in necessary missing wood and refinish the body.....because the string through body holes are in the wrong place, different places on both style of bridges.....and you might not have enough wood in there to screw down the ashtray bridge's mounting holes, and you would see parts of the humbucker route on the sides of the ashtray bridge when done.....

So basically you'd have to give the body a complete and total wood shop overhaul....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  3. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    This is what the body routing is like stock

[​IMG]

4. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    The biggest issue is that the humbucker route is just a touch less than 3 5/8" wide, and the ashtray bridge is only 3 inches wide....

So you'd have a gap of around 1/3 of an inch on both sides of the ashtray bridge.....then there's the string through body hole problem of not lining up with the ashtray bridge plate.....

5. heave1

heave1 Squier Talker

Jul 9, 2019
    Norman Oklahoma
    Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice