Squier talk is where it's at

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Stratlover84, Jan 11, 2018.

1. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Wow, so true. I don’t even want to post the price I pay for some of the guitars I score that would show my utter cheapness.

jackdragbean, Robb, ElRey67 and 4 others like this.
  2. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    A true cheap mother bleeper spends $99 for a Bullet and another $200 modding it, but justifies the mods by saying that the upgrades came out of his "parts drawer" (lucky for me, my parts drawer is at GFS), then the lying bastard posts the guitar on here, and we all go out and buy one............so I guess that means that we're all a bunch of "lying bastard cheap mother bleepers".

jackdragbean, Tele56, Merv_j and 8 others like this.
  3. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    LOL we are pretty cheap !

jackdragbean, Robb and surf green like this.
  4. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    You are not alone !

jackdragbean, Robb and surf green like this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yep, where else do we applaud $50 guitars?

jackdragbean, Merv_j, Robb and 2 others like this.
  6. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Where else do members drive a weekend to pick them up? (got ya)

Robb, Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    ha ha. I've driven hours to buy a $50 guitar. Oh yeah !!!

8. fendereedo

fendereedo Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2015
    UK
    I love Strat Talk, I've made a lot of friends there too. Just lately I posted there saying that I had sold all my high end Fenders, basically to help my son out at university with study books etc, of which some can be expensive. I was none too impressed with some of the responses I received. Basically telling me that my boy should provide for himself, instead of everything being handed to him on a plate. The whole thing really pissed me off to be honest. Firstly my son works 2-3 nights a week filling shelves in a supermarket, secondly those books he needs are essential to his coursework and are very expensive, some running up to £150.
    I left a response there and have been back only 2 times since my last post. I have one Fender left which is a Tele and my other 3 are Squiers. One Bullet Mustang in black, one Affinity Tele in competition orange and one Vintage modified Jazzmaster in sonic blue. Do I miss the stuff I sold? No, it's just stuff after all, my son's graduation now that's something I hopefully wouldn't miss for the world.

9. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  10. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Sounds to me like you're a good father that has his priorities in order.You are right, it's all just "stuff".

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Shine, jackdragbean, Merv_j and 6 others like this.
  11. fendereedo

fendereedo Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2015
    UK
    Thanks I appreciate that.

Stratlover84, Merv_j, Robb and 2 others like this.
  12. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Wife: "Honey, I wish you wouldn't spend so much time on that guitar forum. I'm feeling neglected. Why do you spend so much time there?"

Hubby: "Because it helps me save money."

Wife: " Uh........uh...... uh...... oh, okay I guess."

Hubby: (quietly, with a beaming smile) "Bingo!"

:D

-nod

fattboyzz, Merv_j, Robb and 3 others like this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

We all got your back. Most of us would give the shirts off our backs for our kids. Don't listen to people preach to you.

14. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    You don't ever have to explain doing the right thing - ever ! When my son graduated college it was one of the proudest moments of my life so far !

15. sbalfor

sbalfor Squier Talker

Dec 21, 2017
    North Carolina
    For a forum that should be about guitar collecting, modding, etc...where the heck does the drama come from? Go figure!

Robb, Kenneth Mountain and squierTony like this.
  16. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    There were a lot of young, opinionated guys there that all thought their opinions were fact and none of them were above name calling. Then the thing with Dime happened and all hell broke loose.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  17. pcampbell

pcampbell Squier-Meister

Jan 15, 2015
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I like to think that there are three basic considerations or concepts at work here that make this a nice forum: appreciation, lack of judgment (which I mean in a positive way), and respect. By definition, since we like Squiers and have a certain level of dedication to them, we tend to appreciate good guitars without getting hung up on the name on the headstock or whether we think our guitars are so much better than someone else's because they cost more. That naturally seems to lead to the idea that we're not sitting in judgment of (as in looking down on) someone else's gear as inferior. Put those two together, and you have an atmosphere of respect, ideally mutual.

I think that about sums it up for me.

Stratlover84, Merv_j, Robb and 4 others like this.
  18. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Squier-Meister

Jan 2, 2018
    KcMo
    I resemble that remark !

To be honest I only have 3 Squiers a CVC Tele , a CV Vintage Blonde Tele and my new little Bullet Strat. I have zero complaints on any of them so why wouldn't I be proud of the Squier name ?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  19. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I love my Squiers. I just spent 40 bucks to have a strap made with the Squier logo right on the front big and proud. squier_logo.jpg

20. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Did BoDean make it ?

ElRey67 and Robb like this.