Squier talk is where it's at

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Stratlover84, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    What WAS the subject ???:D:D:D

Robb, jjudas, radiotech and 1 other person like this.
  2. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

I only did this comparison just now, but it was interesting to see that the number of Users online, excluding bots, here on Squier-Talk is only 10% of what the current online numbers are for both TDPRI and The Gear Page. So even though we are a close knit family, it is a pretty small family compared to the others.

3. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-Nut

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    Hey Lonn, I'm a former FDP'er too. I was part of a very large group of members from the early days (eeboards) who were..not so much kicked out as bullied off...when the CM bit started up in the early 2000's. In fact, that experience kept me off forums till I found....Squier-Talk. Found Strat-talk not long thereafter and while I do tend to visit them a little more (forums there are a little more active), I like it here much better.

I sure do like Ron Kirn over there at ST, he'll let the finish/wood snobs have it. It's hysterical.

Robb and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  4. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    :DSquiers aren't real Fenders so this isn't a real forum.

jackdragbean, Merv_j, Robb and 7 others like this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I'm snobbish about Starcasters. I can't do Starcasters.

6. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-Nut

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    well of course it isn't real....if this were real you all wouldn't fit in to this spare room of mine..

7. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    My take is that I need less technical. If I need, say, set up factory specs I'll look for the actual specs, rarely at a forum -though I will reply to those threads. I like the homey part, the product reviews through personal experience.

And mostly, I like celebrating someone's new proud purchase!

8. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I was on Strat-Talk for some time before I discovered the true excellence of Squiers and, then, shortly thereafter, this forum.

Back then (3 or 4 years ago) I found Strat-Talk a friendly place. Not so down-to-earth as here -- but then again they are into a pedigree 'brand,' we here (many of us, anyway) are mutt lovers.

I'm personally hoping that Squier-Talk can hold onto what makes it so special. Such will not be easy. And its not just a matter of we here being un-opinionated. Its that we are respectful of one-another. And not spoiling for a fight. Someone challenges something we expressed and we'll stand by our argument, but not feel under attack or, even in the rare case when we are, not feel the need to counter it and strike back.

That is SO rare. Not just on forums, but among men! :)

I've come to view this place as a town pub. We'll share, we'll argue, we'll throw some darts from time-to-time. But we are truly friends. Our differences are enjoyed. Almost a family.

In any case, Stratlover84, we are glad to have you in our midst!

-don

9. Axe Cop

Axe Cop Squier-Meister

Dec 13, 2017
    USA
    I've been around a lot of forums, and being new myself, this place is EXTREMELY homely. Very very good group of people here.

10. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    There are two other guitar players in my school. One is a sped teacher and the other is an AP.

I try to bring up discussions about Squiers, and they're like, "Oh yeah, Squier. Ok."

Robb and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  11. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Administrator Staff Member

Dec 30, 2009
    texas
    Admin Post
    You guys are why this place works as well as it does.

Strat talk is a rapidly growing entity, so has a constant influx of 'newbs' who don't know the rhythm or the members. It amazes me how the vibe there has changed since i joined over there.

12. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Oh that's cool. I'm sure they are very good teachers.

Robb, Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  13. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Hey! I resemble that remark! You don't look too good yourself!

jackdragbean, Robb, mb doug and 4 others like this.
  14. DougMen

DougMen Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Hey, who you callin' homely? You've never seen me, how do you know? I hope you mean homey, not homely.

jackdragbean, Robb, Caddy and 4 others like this.
  15. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Screw cap sniffer. Lol

jackdragbean, Merv_j, Robb and 3 others like this.
  16. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    @duceditor nailed it with this:
    Someone challenges something we expressed and we'll stand by our argument, but not feel under attack or, even in the rare case when we are, not feel the need to counter it and strike back.

Robb, mb doug, Caddy and 1 other person like this.
  17. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Considering the amount of "gear" one purchases due to hanging out on ST, how the hell can anyone afford to hang on several sites? Yes indeed there is a good crew on here (alright the best), but the fact that most of you are cheap mother bleepers is what makes it work. Talk of the best for less, $50 amps, $99 guitars, and $20 pedals, is what we have in common. It's like "friends in low places".

18. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Exactly
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a cheap mother bleeper.

19. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Nailed it @surf green ! We sure are good at what we do ! We are a group of experienced savers / gear "accumulators". Reviewers , tone chasers / junkies !