Squier talk is where it's at

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Stratlover84, Jan 11, 2018.

1. This is the only guitar forum I belong to. I'm still a registered member of the Marshall Amp forum but haven't visited there in quite some time. Seemed there was a nucleus of several members that swarmed any that didn't meet a certain standard. I move on quick if that's the case or visit with rarity. Been here nearly a year on ST ... it's great.

Cheers, Barrie.

Merv_j, Robb, Bluzy and 4 others like this.
  2. guitar guy

guitar guy Squier-holic

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Glad to have you!

3. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    I dropped into Strat Talk last week looking for info on MIA strats and there was some heavy shade being thrown back and forth from members. To be fair, I have read some positive threads as well so maybe just a few peeps having a bad day. Anyway, this forum is the best. I am on the Epi FB forum and I posted an open question about what pickups to put in my LP for Vintage sound and I kid you not, I got like 70 comments in like an hour, all great! Some good peeps on there too.

Robb, Pat V., Stratlover84 and 5 others like this.
  4. Rollmeaway

Rollmeaway Squier-Nut

Feb 7, 2016
    Fayetteville, NC
    I'm registered with the sister sites to this forum. You can always learn something on them.

I just feel at home here. I like the forum rules. They almost completely guarantee no arguments. I know you guys now. I don't think I can take the time to get to know the folks on multiple forums. I would not have anything in common anyway. I don't own any Fenders or Gibsons. (well besides my J40 acoustic) I'm old and settled in here...

Merv_j, Robb, Stratlover84 and 7 others like this.
  5. aussiebluesville

aussiebluesville Squier-Meister

Aug 10, 2016
    australia
    yeah i'm liking being a part of this forum way better, but both have some great contributors and very good guitar knowledge.... i will stay with both for now, Rock on;)

Robb, Stratlover84, ElRey67 and 4 others like this.
  6. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-Meister

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    offsetguitars is pretty cool as well, just a bit of kurdt fanboyism there :)

jackdragbean, Robb, so1om and 7 others like this.
  7. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-Meister

Apr 18, 2014
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    4 of my 8 electric guitars are Squiers so I don’t think I belong anywhere else. Plus it’s you lot that made me buy them so you’ve only yourselves to blame now that you’re stuck with me. I certainly blame you anyway :)

Robb, Stratlover84, ElRey67 and 5 others like this.
  8. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-Nut

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I seem to have membership of quite a few "Guitar forums", Strat talk being one of them as is TDPRI. This is the forum I tend to use though as it has a wealth of information and it has to be one of the friendliest forums going.
    I only have Squier brand electric guitars, If there are better guitars out there than my Squiers then they must be very very good guitars indeed.

Merv_j, Robb, Stratlover84 and 3 others like this.
  9. MrSinister

MrSinister Squier-Meister

Sep 24, 2017
    Earth
    I sniff corks... I can't afford whats in the bottle! Great bunch of folks here.

10. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Your a rebel - we understand ! Chicks dig REBELS ! !

11. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    We needed a man in Thailand - it's funny how you think you "decided" to join us !

jackdragbean, Merv_j, Robb and 2 others like this.
  12. sbalfor

sbalfor Squier Talker

Dec 21, 2017
    North Carolina
    Hey!!!! I am not snarky. (Jerk yes, but not snarky!)

Robb and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  13. Lonn

Lonn Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    I got kicked off the FDP twice! I've been on guitar forums for about 15 years now. I had probably 15K posts on the Dean forum at one time. That place wasn't moderated and holy crap what drama! I belong here, Strat Talk and TDPRI as well as TGP. Just recently joined there.

14. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yes, and no. I won't complain .. but there have been some jerks coming aboard lately.

Robb and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I stop by Strat Talk every now and then. I think I have 100 posts over the past few months. I can do 100 posts in one day on Squier Talk. h aha

I stop over EpiphoneTalk every now and then also. Peter's a good mod. But the traffic is very slow over there. The same post can be up for the weeks.

Then I have the Cowboyszone forum for football. All they do is argue and insult each other over there ... and we're all supposed to be Cowboys fans. Everyone's am arm-chair GM.

16. Bodean

Bodean Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2014
    South Carolina
    I have over 20,000 posts on Strat Talk, so I am there a little bit. I as a Squier owner have NEVER felt any snobbery, or ill will toward anyone asking a fair question or making a serious comment.
    I feel the same about this forum, good place, and good people. I compare it to Mayberry.:D
    Sometimes a "new" guy steps into a forum, and doesn't know the crowd. There can be some humor in posts that is not understood unless you been there a bit. Some members and I over there have some conversations that probably makes newcomers wonder what in the heck are they talking about? But we know. You have to have a thick skin in forums, leave the candy coated slippers, and shoulder chips at the door when you walk in.:D

17. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    4 of my 7 Stratocasters are Squiers. 2 of them are MIM's and 1 is a RRG custom build.

I thinking of selling one of the MIM's to buy more Squiers. :) Yum.

I still want a Gibson Les Paul Custom ... :)

18. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    We’ve got our share of inside jokes here too ;)

All good points Bo, and I will say: Anyone I ever had issue with at Strat-T, or TDPRI, was eventually banned.
    TalkBass was my other instrument forum, but that is literally, a whole other world of madness (though they do have amazing classifieds).

I decided two years back to get off all forums except the one I liked best :)

I even deactivated my (different) user names on all three (changed, and then closed). The only other gear forum I still have a login for is GuitarNutz2 (very technical), because I’ve been there since 2006, and they have a very similar kinship vibe to here... though I don’t post much there anymore.

19. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    This place is special, great folks here!

I joined all kinds of forums one year, this one, TDPRI, Gretsch-Talk, Gretschpages (maybe not, don’t remember, before the crash), Offset Guitar, even the Single-Ended amp forum. I’m inactive at all except the first three. Since I don’t know who’s who all the time I try to keep my nose clean, but I might of stepped on some toes once in awhile, but it’s not intentional! Definitely a strong kinship vibe here..wouldn’t want to sour that.

And let’s be honest, we all sniff corks in some regard, one way or another :)

Robb, Eddie and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  20. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-Meister

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I enjoy reading those other forums but really don't participate. The Facebook groups are even worse. Mention a Squier, and the most popular response is "Buy a US Fender."

Questions about amps are even better. "I'm 16 and have a small bedroom in my parent's apartment. What amp should I get for practicing?" You'll see a dozen replies touting the virtues of the Fender Deville 4x10.

There's a lot to be learned on this forum, plus the people seem to be pretty nice. Everyone is welcomed and respected. Good job folks!

jackdragbean, Merv_j, Robb and 2 others like this.