Squier SE with a CXS 041117225 serial number??

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by hudsonnh, Sep 29, 2011.

1. hudsonnh

hudsonnh Squier-holic

Just curious if there's anything different about the CXS....looks like run of the mill 2004 SE from an SE Strat Pack?

I'm too lazy right now to search all over the internet...

2. woolbrig

woolbrig Squier-holic

None that I'm aware of. As far as I know they are all the same.

3. AtomicFishin83

AtomicFishin83 Squier-Nut

Some of the SE's have the "skunk stripe" necks, and some don't... my buddy and I each have an SE Strat. His has the striped neck, and mine doesn't. The wood on my neck has a nice light flame to it, and his doesn't. Also, there is a VERY SLIGHT difference in the shapes of our headstocks. Hard to explain. If you saw them next to each other, you'd know what I mean :)

Body, electronics, and hardware though, are completely alike on both of ours. Hopefully this is helpful :)

4. AtomicFishin83

AtomicFishin83 Squier-Nut

PS: mine has a CXS serial number, and his has the CAE serial...

5. hudsonnh

hudsonnh Squier-holic

From what I've found (in the Squier history thread) CXS means made in the Axl factory in China - seems like some debate on whether it was at first only for the Asian market and when they started to sell CXS world wide

6. sqrat51

sqrat51 Squier Talker

I also have a Squier SE Strat with a CXS serial that starts with 03 and it was made in 2011. If your SE has a 04 serial, it would seem like a newer one than mine. Could the serial number also include a model designation? Mine is black with a rosewood fretboard, a three-ply pearl pickguard and a pre-CBS head. Under the serial, the decal is "Crafted in China" so the Axl plant may be where it came from. It seems to be a solid and well-built git, but I have little experience with Fenders and Squiers.