I've been looking for a sunburst or tobacco burst Stratocaster for cheap. I found one for $30 locally, so I grabbed it. The red tort pickguard was screwed down with sheet metal screws. The neck screws were mismatched smaller sized wood screws. The neck screw holes had tooth picks in them. I had some larger diameter neck screws that i got with a custom neck plate that worked perfect. The neck heel on the body had been routed for a Tele neck. The jack plate screws were an inch and a half long. I filled all the pickguard screw holes with tooth picks and glue. The strap pins had to be filled and reinstalled. The truss rod adjustment was all the way loose. It took several turns to tighten it. The logo was partially sanded off so I removed it and installed a custom logo. I cleaned, oiled and reinstalled the neck with new MIA style string trees and new Allparts locking tuners. Then I installed an aged white loaded prewired pickguard from Dragonfireguitars that I had along with a new jack. The original tremolo assembly was unusable. The trem arm was cross threaded in the trem. The bridge saddle adjustment screws were all stripped. I just put a new bridge assembly in there that I had on hand that I took out of another SE. Strung it up, polished the nut, set it up and intonated. It's got a nice chunky neck without the bend out at the nut like so many Squiers have. It's more like a Fender neck. It sounds and plays fantastic! It lives to be played more again!