Squier Katana

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by Las Palmas Norte, Jan 11, 2020.

1. I believe this MIJ model was brief. This one is reported to be a 1985 date.
    Crazy lookin' things. I don't imagine there's a lot of these around or a demand for them either.

Katana-2.jpg
    Katana-3.jpg
    Katana-1.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

2. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I always liked those, I like the proformers too. Fender_Japan_Performer.jpg

3. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Wow, those are interesting

4. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Never seen any of those. Definitely looks like something from the 80’s though. Is that one for sale near you? Something your interested in? Would be cool to have if you were a serious Squier collector.

5. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Just checked eBay. Two have sold recently. One for $200, and one for $570. Both of them where in England. Was this a European model?

SquierTap and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I remember seeing a trashed performer at a pawnshop a few years back… 200 bucks and it was filthy, and cut up.

7. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Plus 1 on the demand..
    I Demand you send it to me.. :D

8. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Do you have one for sale locally? I missed out on one a year ago here, but it had been trashed and repainted in red.....

9. The Kantana I spotted on Reverb, for sale out of NY state at a guitar store.
    Cheers, Barrie.

10. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    When I clicked on this I was like, "Oooh, I like BOTH of those words!" Lol... Love my Squiers AND my Katana... Even IF the Monoprice 15 has pretty much replaced it as my "go-to" amp, lol...

I think the only way to describe this guitar would be "Rad", lol... I've seen 'em before, and as a SquierNut, I think they're pretty cool... I LOVE anything weird and different, and it's DEFINITELY that! The logo's even "Rad", lol... Pretty cool... I normally don't dig the pointy "Starcaster" type headstocks, but on THIS, it actually looks right, lol... I'm NOT a Gibson fan, but I've always wanted to try a V and an Explorer, so this MIGHT be right up my alley!

BUT... If I DID own one of these, I think I'd HAVE to cut and reshape the headstock like the end of a katana sword, lol... Actually I've ALWAYS wondered if the Japanese "Katana" symbol of the front of the Boss amps is supposed to symbolize the SHAPE of the end of the blade... Hmmm....
    download (1).png

11. I'd have agree. The pointed headstock on the Starcaster Strats looks out of place, like they had too many made, and where wondering what to do with them.
    It looks right at home on the Katana.;)
    Cheers, Barrie.

dbrian66 and SquierTap like this.
  12. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Didn't @Kenneth Mountain have one of these at one time? For some reason I'm thinking of a old post I read once upon a time that had good pics of one that somebody on here had.

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  13. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Meister

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    Wow. I'd need to learn EEP OP ORK AH AH if I owned one of those babies.

14. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

not this guy - never saw one in the wild ?

dbrian66 likes this.
  15. sconniesquier

sconniesquier Squier-Meister

Aug 16, 2017
    Wisconsin
    I could teach you Uncle Joe. I gigged with Jet Screamer towards the end of his career. He was just a shell of a man by then due to the drugs and alcohol.

16. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Hell yeah! "That means I love you!!!"

I laughed my @ss off when I read that, man...

17. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Squier-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    I really wish they would do a new Performer model, using the same cool colors.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice