Squier CY04...Standard Stratocaster MIC...

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by vervillev, Feb 22, 2019.

1. vervillev

vervillev Squier Talker

Nov 17, 2011
    Tidewater,Va
    I just recieved this today from G.C. This came with a case. Outta the box it's spot on and I will tweak it as I go along but overall, this thing is killer. Check it out.

Attached Files:

brians, Big tuna, DJGranite and 12 others like this.
  2. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    That's gorgeous! HNGD! Anyone that thinks of Squier as a "beginner's" guitar or don't think that they can be as luxurious, sexy, or elaborate as a Fender need to see this... Congrats, hope you spend many happy hours creating music on that beautiful guitar!

3. vervillev

vervillev Squier Talker

Nov 17, 2011
    Tidewater,Va
    I have had Fenders in the past and a slew of others, Gibson, Ibanez, etc. This '04 Standard is a well made guitar and I'm not sure it hasn't had upgrades. I'll have to pop the pickguard and see.

4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Beautiful Standard. :)

Big tuna likes this.
  5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    What a Beauty ! When your popping the PG - check your bridge studs ! ! ! Congrats !

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  6. vervillev

vervillev Squier Talker

Nov 17, 2011
    Tidewater,Va
    Very interested and knowing who produced this guitar in 2004 with a CY serial number. I have to say this is probably one of the nicest guitars I've ever owned. And I've been through a few guitars. I think it might be modded as I bought it used from Guitar Center and also received a nice case with it which really really surprised me and I wasn't expecting it. It was well packageD and arrived without any damage at all and the finish is pristine.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-Nut

Nov 24, 2018
    Lost in my Sticks
    Looks great with that pickguard.

8. kniah

kniah Squier Talker

Jan 30, 2019
    Waltham, MA
    What finish is that, it looks gorgeous. My CY99 was made in the Yako factory in Taiwan. I presume yours is also a Yako guitar?

9. Superb !!! Nice score. I wouldn't mind getting one some day … & do it out with gold hardware maybe.
    Enjoy that beauty. Cheers, Barrie.

10. vervillev

vervillev Squier Talker

Nov 17, 2011
    Tidewater,Va
    Yes I am thinking is that it it is what you describe. I've had in the past some yako brands that were just great guitars.

11. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Look at the grain on the HS ! One of those would look smashing in gold jewelry !

12. The British side of you is showing Ken :)
    Cheers, Barrie.

brians, Kenneth Mountain and snivlem like this.
  13. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier-Meister

Dec 7, 2018
    GA
    Beautiful!

14. vervillev

vervillev Squier Talker

Nov 17, 2011
    Tidewater,Va
    The finish was called three tone sunburst. Nice figuring on the wood and great neck. I know it's an '04 year and I checked the catalog for that year and the color is not listed. I'm gonna change strings over the weekend and add stainless cast GFS saddles to the bridge. Just fyi, the cast stainless saddles are a good mod and add some mass to the trem. They seem to impart some depth to the sound.

15. mikm

mikm Dr. Squier

Jun 4, 2012
    NY
    That looks like a "quilt" finish. I think back then it was called a Deluxe or FSR. It sure is pretty! Congrats.

16. VMamp

VMamp Squier Talker

Jan 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I think you will find it is a 'Standard De Luxe' made in 2004 only. Alnico pick ups, pearloid pick guard, 22 frets with two colour/body options - quilted or flame maple top in Antique Burst.

Looks great and rare.......nice!

17. vervillev

vervillev Squier Talker

Nov 17, 2011
    Tidewater,Va
    And you sir, are correct. I searched further and found a 2004 Squier catalog that describes this guitar as a QMT Deluxe model, MIC, not sure about the pickups. They may be either Duncan design or alnico. This is a very nice guitar. I took a chance buying this sight unseen accept for pics on Guitar Center's sight. Got a hard case with it, too.

18. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    Yes, indeed! There were the Standard Deluxe FMT (for Flame Top) and QMT (for Quilted Maple Top)... I think they were limited editions. Maybe they had a few upgraded features as well...

HNGD! Awesome find!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  19. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-Meister

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Beautiful! What did you pay for it? (if you're willing to share...)

Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  20. vervillev

vervillev Squier Talker

Nov 17, 2011
    Tidewater,Va
    About 237 bucks. (23 was shipping from Guitar Center.) With hard case included. The guitar is in excellent condition and feels very good in the neck. This instrument hits well above its price in construction and tone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice