Squier CV quality

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Squierplayer1, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Squierplayer1

Squierplayer1 Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    I did. I called them and was refused, then emailed them letting them know how other companies make good when something is shown to be an out and out horrid defect that was fully on them regardless of warranty status. And many do. I thought fender was just showing some really bad judgment in not making good on something so defective and just wanted to put it in type and hope it got to the right person if there is one there. And if by chance that does happen, tho probably as unlikely as pigs flying, and they do honor it and replace the neck, i will also refund the guy who sold it to me because he's a stand up guy and i owe him the same consideration he showed me.

duggerh, Taurus, brians and 4 others like this.
  2. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2015
    UK
    My guess is if you'd been the original customer buying new they would have put it right.

They sent me a whole MIM trem/block/saddles unit as replacement when I wrote to them asking where I could find the correct size Fender saddles to replace those originals supplied on my new VM70 which were too wide for the supposed string spacing....

Jim Belaye, Davis Sharp and Taurus like this.
  3. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    There are no CV 60's necks on Ebay or Reverb, but Stratosphere has them for $150 without tuners, and $170 with.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Find Fenders CEO's email address and mail him/her direct, I bet they fall over themselves with a good will gesture..

I did this once with a car I bought to use as a taxi, It was off the road for a full week and that was earnings lost for me, so I googled email addresses and found SEAT's CEO's email, next morning I had a phone call giving me a replacement licensed taxi at their cost, they then kept me updated on how long the repair was going to take and after 3 or 4 weeks they paid my loss of earnings for that week without a car..

5. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Yeah i see that ! Man, used to be a ton of em. Guess since they were discontinued people grabbed em all up. The only ones stratosphere have are newer ones with indian laurel boards and that ain't gonna happen. Oh well.....i'll just wait and watch CL and ebay/reverb for a PP add for one. It'll show up eventually and if not i'll just sell the loaded body and bag to get my other $100 back.

6. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Ya know, after realizing it's gonna be hard to find a rosewood one on ebay or reverb, it strikes me that even if fender were to send me one it would be indian laurel and i have zero desire to have one of those. Please lets not get into that debate. I have my reasons and thats all that matters.

duggerh and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  7. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana

duggerh and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  8. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    Maybe send it to Fender for a replacement, or Squier or whomever.

9. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Is this a normal serial number model, or one with the gold sticker?

10. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Just a regular old 2015 classic vibe 60s with the serial that has a few letters then the last 2 digits of the year and 5 or 6 more numbers. Not sure what u mean by the gold sticker.

Taurus, Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  11. Viking

Viking Squier-Meister

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  12. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Naaa, just the normal serial same as all the other CV's i have owned.

Taurus, Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  13. JVjunky

JVjunky Squier-Meister

Apr 30, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Some of the Chinese CV's aren't even listed now on the Fender website. Seems as though once stock runs out then there won't be any more!
    If they move production to Indonesia then the quality will not be as good, at least, not if my new Indonesian 70's CV Strat is anything to go by.
    If you've got a Chinese CV.....keep it!!

14. TonyT033

TonyT033 Squier Talker

May 6, 2019
    Swanton Ohio
    I’d be happy to buy the body for $100 if you go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  15. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Whoa! that's messed up.

16. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    If your keeping the neck have you priced up having the fret set properly?.

17. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Thanks, but shipping is a pain and cost would be such that i;d lose, so i;d rather use CL. Not sure what i'm going to do anyways. I may just keep it till i can find another neck because crazy as it sounds, i tuned it up really good and tried to see whether it sounds out of tune on the low or hgh E string side and it actually plays perfectly in tune ! I'm sure it wouldn't if i checked each note but i can't hear it. So for now i think i will just keep and use it till i can find a neck. And i know what u r thinking, but 1)-i'm pretty critical when it comes to tuning and slight tuning issues grate one me so it;s not my ear, and 2)-the visual aspect just bothers the H out of me so even tho it sounds in tune it would just nag at me the whole time i have it. I'm just to anal about stuff like that.

Oh god no ! It would cost more then the neck is worth plus they'd have to fill then slot and recut it properly leaving a filled area that would be visual. It's just not something i'd want. In fact i could probably do it myself, as i''ve been regretting guitars since the late 70s so while i haven't done this, i could. But the scar would just eat at me and for all the work not it's just about the last solution i would consider.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Kenneth Mountain and Taurus like this.
  18. brians

brians Squier-Nut

Oct 1, 2017
    South Africa
    I know that hurts but I am doubting it would cause tuning issues

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

5ofeight and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  19. Squierplayer1

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Yeah, but i would have debated you on that before i checked it ! I still can't understand why because it is so visually slanted that i;d have put money on it. But try as i may i cannot make it sound like it;s not playing in tune. In fact just now i tried again after setting the intonation, which by the way was almost spot on. Played every open position chord i could think of and a few barrs as the 2nd fret and i'll be damned but i cannot detect any out of tune-ness. I've been playing since the early 70s and i can't imagine my ear could be that bad, but on the other hand i also can't imagine how this thing could play in tune to the point it wouldn't be hear able. Real head scratcher. Doesn't matter tho because it has to go. I cringe every time i look at it. I just found another deal on one so i emailed the guy and asked him to call. If it's still there and it's got a good neck i will go for it and sell this one neck and all for the loss and tell the buyer about the fret but let him play it to see it plays in tune. Some one will get a heck of a deal if they can get past the mental aspect of a crooked fret.

Kenneth Mountain and brians like this.
  20. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Where's an aspiring blind guitar player when you need one?;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice