Squier Classic Vibe Esquire

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by Mervynskidmore, Feb 21, 2019.

1. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Yep. Same as my favorite James Burton Standard Tele.

drewcp likes this.
  2. Margery

Margery Squier Talker

Jul 28, 2019
    UK
    Hi. I can also confirm the November availability of the FSR Esquire. I put a deposit on one with GuitarGuitar back in early June, and at the time it was scheduled for August.

I was itching to get hold of it, have a real hankering for another guitar, so contacted the store again last week. Couldn't quite believe it when it was put back to November. What happened to September or even October?

There's also a double bound sunburst CV Tele on GGs website, which has an October delivery. Some of the refreshed CVs are already available, so I'm guessing the whole range will be available by the end of the year.

In the end my GAS got the better of me, and i got the store to transfer my deposit to a pre owned Squier VM Jaguar. I'd already saved enough for the Esquire, and just had to pay the balance. It arrives on Tuesday. I'll post some pics when I get it.

Regards, Toby

3. mimmo

mimmo Squier Talker

Jan 24, 2011
    paris
    Hi guys, as the body is poplar, how do you expect its weight? I am no expert in woods and having some issues with my back I am in need of a quite light guitar.

Is poplar supposed to be light or not?

4. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    It's somewhat equivalent to alder, but just like alder, or any other wood, you can't generalize. Each body, even from the same board from the same tree, is individual.

mimmo and drewcp like this.
  5. mimmo

mimmo Squier Talker

Jan 24, 2011
    paris
    Thank you, Sir :)

6. Mick Sullivan

Mick Sullivan Squier Talker

Aug 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    FSR Classic Vibe '50s Esquire®, Maple Fingerboard, Vintage White

SKU: 0374032541

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pine Body - Gloss Polyurethane Finish
    Alnico Single PUP - Fender Designed
    3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Chrome Barrel Saddles
    Vintage White
    Esquire Configuration
    Knurled Flat Top Knobs - Tone And Volume
    Maple Fingerboard - 9.5” (42mm)
    Narrow Tall Frets
    Nickel Hardware Finish
    Tinted Gloss Urethane Neck Finish
    4-Bolt Squier® Neck Plate
    “C” Shape Neck
    21 Frets
    Bone Nut - 42mm
    1 Ply White Pickguard
    Black Dot Inlays
    3-Position Blade: Position 1. Treble Roll Off, Position 2. Pickup To Volume and Tone, Position 3. Pickup To Volume.
    Head Adjust Truss Rod
    Vintage Style Tuning Machines

7. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I'm saving for the shell pink Jaguar, but that is gorgeous.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  8. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Nut

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    Hmmm. That says "pine" body.

9. Mick Sullivan

Aug 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
  10. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    pine is the original Esquire/Telecaster body wood.....when they first came out, that's what they were - way back when in 1950.

11. szombat62

szombat62 Squier-Meister

Jul 19, 2015
    Rotherham, S Yorkshire UK
    Came to this thread late. But was looking at modding a Tele to create a more modern update of the Esquire and bumped into this on the store website. I think it’s great to see this model. I think this will be a great addition to the CV range and would really like to get one....

I think it’s a shame that the Esquire has been out of the Fender range for so long and wonder if this limited run Squier will mean that a Fender model will appear - possibly MIM in the near future.

Whatever happens. Thanks Fender for doing this!

12. Mick Sullivan

Aug 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    My expected delivery date has been moved to December now :-/ Hopefully it’ll be worth the wait.

13. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    19821182_1411117855646164_1893933044_o.jpg I built this one with a BG1400 Seyour Duncan at over 32K it did everything I wanted it to and I'm normally a neck pick up guy,also thank goodness for the Poplar body as my CV experiences have been they are lead sleds when made from pine. I'll be waiting for these to hit my dealer !

14. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Get a SD BG1400 neck pup made by MJ they are around 32k and I'll bet it would pick that up !:)

five teles and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  15. Rat cam 68

Rat cam 68 Squier-Meister

Mar 12, 2018
    Mooresville,In
    A3B5674E-5833-424B-8E9C-E633E881A608.png ACA367D5-27C6-4B24-B320-902B94D150B9.png D6FCF830-4D54-4E7D-9E82-983EDE6529DA.png Here’s mine, It’s my first made from scratch attempt at making a guitar,came out pretty good

16. drneilmb

drneilmb Squier-Meister

Jun 8, 2019
    Iowa, USA
    That's better than "pretty good", I'd say it's gorgeous. I love the look of the neck without any fret markers. Is the neck your creation or did you buy it pre-made?

17. ZZ Not

ZZ Not Squier Talker

Jul 27, 2019
    Austin
    The previously available MIM Esquire's were really nice guitars and had a number of vintage style appointments with the round string tree, 5 screw pickguard, vintage style tuners and a fat neck. I love mine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    txflood, CVSteve, Rat cam 68 and 2 others like this.
  18. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    That's a good-looking guitar. I'd say an Esquire is the naked truth. It does exactly what you tell it to do and if you can, or can't, play, the world is going to know it immediately.

theflow and Mick Sullivan like this.
  19. Mick Sullivan

Aug 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    When we get the odd re-issue of an Esquire do they have the thinner Esquire body? I am correct with Esquire bodies being thinner than Telecasters, aren’t I?

Rat cam 68 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice