Squier Classic Vibe Esquire

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by Mervynskidmore, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    theflow, Ditchgator1, drewcp and 2 others like this.
  2. Mervynskidmore

Mervynskidmore Squier Talker

Oct 6, 2018
    Ireland
    Yeah it's a bad mock up too. Black pick guard according to the specs... Still, could be an interesting guitar when it eventually arrives

theflow and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Sorry, but I need another Esquire

,omey.jpg

4. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier-Nut

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    Sexy as hell. Sure hope, if they wanna sell a gazillion, that it’s routed for a neck pickup (though it can surely be done aftermarket).

5. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    I know a lot will buy these for their history and that some love the original Tele, the one before it. But I’d rather a Tele (because of the more pickup options)

In many UK stores they are predicting the release date of the new CV guitars to be around 17th of April. But they’ll all be sold out in the first few months while they’re released

6. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
  7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I get why guys dig Esquiers... The history, mostly... And the whole "rat rod" idea of a single pickup axe... But there's one thing stoppin me from jumpin aboard the "Esquier Express"; I've got a CV Tele in vintage blonde with the Alnico IIIs, and it's hands down the best guitar I've ever owned... And when I plugged it in, I was blown away at how great the pickups sounded... They were louder and clearer than any of my other guitars... The bridge has that classic Tele twang and bite, but the neck pickup REALLY blew my mind... Up to that point, neck pickups were kind of an after thought... I never dug neck pickups because I THOUGHT the position of them made them muddy and too bassy to get MUCH use out of... But the neck pickup on my CV has an amazing tone... Sure it has the warm bass response, but it's also relatively bright and articulate sounding too... Folks, after playing for over 20+ years, I ACTUALLY started playing with my volume and tone controls, lol! So, Esquier your hearts out, my Squier Brothers, but I don't think 'tis for me... Unlessssss.... I did see an Esquier once with a "hidden" neck pup UNDER the pickguard... Now I could get on board with that!

theflow, Ditchgator1, Treynor and 4 others like this.
  8. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Well this seems to be the model we've been pitching for the last year or so. Who thought they were listening? Even the "rounded" not "modern" C neck. I say they call it the Esquire ST model and give us all a big discount.

theflow, fadetoz, SquierTap and 4 others like this.
  9. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
  10. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Re: the hidden pickup, every once in a while someone builds an Esquire that's a stealth Telecaster. It doesn't work. The neck pickup is so far below the strings, that no matter how you charge the magnets its output is far, far, far, far, far below that of the bridge pickup.

11. Dr Improbable

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
  12. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    No neck pickup. I'm out!

13. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    I am working on the elusive "invisible neck pickup" as we speak. :)

14. Doesn't that defeat the reason of it being an Esquier?
    Cheers, Barrie.

15. Dr Improbable

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Thank you!

16. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I don't get it. Why not just remove the neck pickup from a Tele, rewire the controls, and get a new pickguard?

17. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier-Nut

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    Is there a reason for an Esquire? No, not these days when you can do as Wizzer suggests. Now if there was no guard at all or the cabronita guard, different story.

Brocephus, SquierTap and Wizzer like this.
  18. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    I know i want one.. and your lying to yourself if you say no.. :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  19. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Nut

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    It says new from "NAMM 2019" yet I didn't see anything about this model reported there. It isn't cheap either 379 in British pounds is $495 US.

SquierTap likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice