Spraying the Blues

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by surf green, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

I'll add mine to the growing list of canned blue Teles. Rustoleum Gloss Spa Blue, no clear coat, just wet sanding.

Tele (1).jpg 2051-01-11 06.43.57-11 (2).jpg

2. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

Great job! That color looks like a pretty close match to Fender Maui Blue. Good to know! That was a factory color for a limited range of guitars. Here's my Fender MIK Squier Series.

2015-01-29 22.02.21.jpg

3. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Update on Rustoleum paint job: let dry for about a week and decided to pass on clear coat. Surface had little to no surface dust or paint specs. Rather than wet sand or buff with steel wool, I used Meguiars Mirror Glaze 2 -fine cut cleaner. Using an application pad, and with a circular motion, rubbed out the paint by hand and buffed with a microfiber cloth. With minimum paint residue removed, the satin finish turned out smoooooth with a slight sheen. If you're looking for a quick, minimum prep, low $, non-gloss paint job, I gotta say this was the easiest way to get a "factory quality" finish that I've found to date. DSCN2797.JPG

jjudas and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  4. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Meister

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    Very nice work!

I was concerned that if I used Meguiars products I might end up with a glossier finish. It looks like the "fine cut" does the job. Anything finer might bring out too much sheen.

surf green and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Looks pretty nice Steve ! Congrats !

surf green likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice