Speaker - had to post somewhere.

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Garyth, May 18, 2017.

1. Garyth

Garyth Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2013
    Florida
    My Dad had this crate cab floating around for years .. with a crappy speaker. I needed a better livingroom amp for my bass.

I have a BH250 I was trying to sell, no takers. I was going to use the money to put towards a combo. One new speaker later (with a bit more work to do) I have a cab to use.

Just under minimum cab size. Sounds great. Once I close the back it should be even better.

Eminence Legend B102-8

crate2.jpg crate1.jpg

2. Paully

Paully Squier-holic

May 29, 2014
    Maine USA
  3. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I'm afraid that cab is too small to in-close..Might work if it's ported..

Brever, Kenneth Mountain and Pat V. like this.
  4. Garyth

Garyth Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2013
    Florida
    I said it was just under. they spec the small enclosure at ~.9 .. this is a .7
    It'll be slightly over .7 when I finish. I'll be adding a bit of depth to it. It'll work fine for my purpose and already better than my rumble 15

From their literature:

spec.JPG

so1om and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-holic

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Cool old Crate cab - first gen - real "crate" lol Who doesn't love to re purpose ! ! ! ! !

6. Garyth

Garyth Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2013
    Florida
    PJ, I should elaborate. the next step is extending the back of the cab to house the amp. I have to extend about 2.5" I have the wood for that. So, assume 1" added depth to volume should put me around .8 Still tight but I do know how to calculate a port :)

7. Garyth

Garyth Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2013
    Florida
    Made some changes to the cab plus moved the speaked to mount from the front (not pictured). The grill is glued and clamped to move it out just a bit.

crate6.jpg

crate4.jpg

crate5.jpg

crate3.jpg

mb doug and radiotech like this.