Someone was selling a neck

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by AllroyPA, Jun 17, 2019.

1. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    ok I saw this Bass for sale on. F-bk market ... being sold by a woman ... wanted 25 bucks for a neck and a body plus some various parts of what was once a bass ... the neck was authentic 70’s Fender. .. instead of piling on I told her to reconsider and what it appeared to be ... Good Samaritan move I suppose

2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I've done something similar ... only because I couldn't get to it. ha ha. If I were first in line, it's mine. ha ha

dbrian66 likes this.
  3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    Nice move, good things on the way for you. So I'll share my story, not trying to hijack your thread mind you.
    This last Christmas I seen a CL ad from a guy that lives a hour from me and has cancer plus his teenage boy has had 5 surgeries for Spinal Bifida and just had surgery right before I seen the ad. He was asking for some help so he could give his kid a Christmas and couldn't afford it because his own meds use up every nickel. He works from sun up to sun down on two jobs to help get by. He just lost his dad a few month prior to that. I contacted him and asked a few questions because I have seen plenty of scams on CL. He sent me proof of his kids surgeries with pics of him still in the hospital at the time. He sent proof of his diagnosis with his cancer and the actual picture of his dad's death certificate. I told him to meet me half way from where each of us lives and I give him a brand new Washburn 12 string acoustic/electric. Him and his wife met us about 11:00 pm that night again because of the hours he works. The look on his their faces when I handed them a brand new guitar....Priceless.:) He asked me if I wanted him to tell his kid where it came from and I told him no, its from mom and dad...

4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

You definitely have a heart of gold. :)

I've gotten really jaded living in NYC. It's rat race with 8 million trapped in a tiny piece of land ... everyone trying to get a piece for themselves. It's my experience through this forum that I've seen the true face of humanity, compassion, and friendship. I've forgotten how truly good people can be to each other. :)

5. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Hijack away this is a good story thread ... so awesome :cool:

dbrian66, strat_strummer and Eddie like this.
  6. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    I couldn't agree more on the friendships that can be built.

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. Photobug57

Photobug57 Squier-Meister

Jan 11, 2018
    Hebron, KY
    Wow. It will return to you 100x! Wow!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

strat_strummer likes this.
  8. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    It already did @Photobug57 the smiles alone made my Christmas and couldn't ever hope for anything else in return.

Best1989 and Photobug57 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice