Snow!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by AllroyPA, Feb 17, 2018.

1. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Leggy apparitions of the wrong sex !

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  2. TomL

TomL Squier-Nut

Very quick thaw happening here in Newcastle, as it is in most of the UK. Some places are getting flooded, but things here aren’t too bad at all. Last night, there was still tons of snow lying. This morning, it was really retreating, and when I came out of work this evening, there was just little isolated patches. It’s practically disappeared in about 16 hours.

3. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    They just released our early call for Wednesday and it will be significant 8-12+!

wonkenstein likes this.
  4. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    We're forecast to get 10 to 15 inches today. And possibly more!

"It ain't over till its over." Yup!

Last night we got a slight dusting. Very pretty. But soon to be a totally different world. There's likely to be complete "white outs" at times.

Early this morning until now...

The Dusting So Far.jpg

-don

5. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    'Till the fat lady sings ?

6. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Yup! And here she be... :)

fat lady.JPG

-don

7. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Hate. Hate, Hate... And hate is a strong word. Thankfully the trunk was unlocked on my car this morning so I could crawl in and start the car and get the heat going. Then after letting it warm up about 20 minutes, I was able to crawl back in and push the doors from the inside and get them to open.

Running late, I rolled through a stop sign picking up my buddy to get to work. A way out of the way stop sign on a remote side street. Not denying that I did something wrong, but looking to hustle to get to work not as late as we already were. Well now I'm later and I just paid for a ticket with a Fender Marine Layer Reverb.

I can't wait to move.

wonkenstein likes this.
  8. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Cops in Chicago will take music gear as payment for an infraction ? Now I heard it all.

Kidding ... sounds like a bad day for you, Hope things get better.

9. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-Nut

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Don knows about the real blizzard, because in the past I have seen and shoveled 3 feet of NH snow in April after it had been warm for a couple of weeks. When shoveling is your only winter sport, it doesn't quite give you the kind of chubby you might get skiing or snowboarding. On the other hand as a man in my 60s, there's nothing quite like a training outdoors with a shovel and enjoying a beverage when it's done. Shouldn't be more than a foot in my neck of NH this time around if it happens.

10. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-Nut

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Yeah man, I know some of the most severe weather in the US comes right off that big inland ocean you live near. Sorry about the reverb though.....

Las Palmas Norte and so1om like this.
  11. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    This was my last post here at this thread on February 17th:

"Getting some right. Now in Chicago ...one of the primary reasons we’re moving next year. We absolutely hate it.

And just last Sunday shoveling I heard a POP, POP in my arm and it hasn’t really worked since. It’s a lovely dark banana color though.

It can’t melt fast enough."

wonkenstein and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  12. The only thing falling here are trees. The fallers came in yesterday on an acre and a half of vacant land to clear cut.
    I have (had) three 80' fir trees that would have been left vulnerable with minimal growth on the shaded side, now suddenly exposed.
    I spoke to the buncher operator and asked it he wouldn't mind taking them down. He was very accommodating and they where gone in a minute.
    Saved me a few bucks having someone else come in.

Took this video of the event.

Cheers, Barrie.

mb doug likes this.
  13. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Scary to see how fast 40/50 years of growing can be reduced to a log on the ground !

14. That took 20 years to reach that size. Logging is a way of life here and so is reforestation.
    There where a fare number of good sized Alder trees in there too, enough to fill a logging truck. Quite likely none of those will go to guitar makers.

Cheers, Barrie.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  15. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Our snow was a bust, oh well ...

wonkenstein likes this.
  16. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    :)

17. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-Nut

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Let's hope you didn't do that pop, pop, pop on the tendons brother man. Ice it down and get it looked at soon. The dark banana color pretty much points you in that direction - hopefully not too serious!

so1om likes this.
  18. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    If you provide your address I'll have ours sent to you.

All? Half? Just let us know what you desire! :D

-don

AllroyPA and DrBeGood like this.
  19. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    All of it, up here, now !

duceditor likes this.
  20. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Just came in from the mess. Over 12" on the ground and still falling. Tree branches cracking and a transformer flashing in the night time sky from the weight of tree branches sagging on the lines. This could be an ugly one. I like the winter until March. I have had enough. Glad I went out to begin clean up though. If I waited til morning who knows what would await. Time to go strum a git or 2

duceditor and MrSinister like this.