Snow!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by AllroyPA, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Woke up this morning to the sound of the snow shovel on my sidewalks..Maybe 2 inches..It will likely be gone by bed time..

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Thanks.
    Just doing the RICE. No time or money for a doctor. I’ll live.

Kenneth Mountain and Davis Sharp like this.
  3. porkpie

porkpie Squier-Nut

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Supposed to snow here again today and then down to 0 degrees tonight, I hate it when it gets that cold. This pic was yesterday.

snowstorm.jpg

4. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    4 inches of snow received and today is gorgeous. The snow won't last long. We will probably get blasted with a nor Easter after this weeks warm weather. That seems to be the pattern.

Kenneth Mountain and duceditor like this.
  5. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Snow has a purpose. It is the universe's answer to "how can I find more time to play my gee-tar?"

Guess what I'm doing today as the sun the followed clears my walks for me?

:D

-don

mb doug and Bluzy like this.
  6. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    And three days later ... after setting record high temps yesterday ( 63 degrees) Mom Nature was supposed to set another record today with a temp of 66 or so. I don't know what happened because I was inside all day computering. It's about 3:30 p.m. and it's in the 40s ... not the 60s ... and I just got a weather alert to expect a snow storm with another 3 to 6 inches with some ice.

I was fixing to go out to the car wash and clean the inside and outside of my car but I know tomorrow by this time it will be filthy again, both inside and out, so I will wait. I do have to dash to the stores to buy food, drinks and guitars so that's all I know about that.

mb doug and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  7. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Friggin stupid weather.

We had a nice snowy winter up to last week-end. Ski resort was going great. One meter deep snow everywhere you looked. American spring break is on this week, local one for the next 2 weeks.

The last 48 hours, it rained with South winds blowing at 10°C, like a hair dryer. We lost more than 75% of snow cover.

Above 0°C for the coming week. Kids will play in the slush. I hate climate change !

8. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Snow has melted and we didn’t take on any water, very grateful and VERY HAPPY!

9. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    We got sleet in Oklahoma right now . 1519247931071511065871.jpg

10. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    It was 83 degrees in Pennsylvania today

11. Awesome ... just so ya know ... There's a big polar vortex out west right now, and these things move west to east, unless it shrinks and heads back north.
    Cheers, Barrie.

12. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    It's cold and 36 - 38 today 45 tomorrow snow all melted this weekend when it was 61 rainy !

13. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

Over 80F here today. We had stucco work done on our house yesterday and it was so warm today, I had to go spray water on the repairs so they don't dry out too quickly and pull away from the joints. Same thing tomorrow too. Seems like winter mostly passed us by this year.

14. TomL

TomL Squier-Nut

It’s been our turn this week. ‘The Beast from the East’ has hit most of Europe with Siberian winds and heavy snow. I don’t think there’s anywhere in the UK that hasn’t been hit. Before this week, the last time there was a red weather warning in the UK was in 1995. On Thursday, there were two reds for Scotland and for South West England. Here in North East England we’ve been under a (still serious) Amber warning for most of the week. In Newcastle where I am, the city hasn’t shut down, shops have still been open and I’ve been going to work, but lots of workplaces (including mine) have been closing earlier than normal, and travel between various areas of the UK has been severely disrupted. But the snowfall is dying down now, although it’s still fairly deep. It’s still very cold, but it’s due to get warmer next week, with a mix of sun and rain, so hopefully it’ll thaw away, and not turn to ice.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    mb doug and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  15. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Weather patterns are getting weirder and weirder and it's not going to stabilize. It plays havoc with the Jet Stream. So, we have an abnormally warm period here, as you get what we should for this time of year.

Not fun, when the area is not equipped to deal with it.

16. archetype

archetype Squier-Meister

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    50s? Damn. We live by a huge creek, 30-40 feet wide. The 9” of snow we have will melt and the creek will get 150 feet wide right up to the hill the house sits on.

17. sonsothunder

sonsothunder Squier-Meister

Apr 13, 2014
    N.C.
    What about Bob - SLED? Just Keep Jamming- let the icicles fall where they may. :cool:

18. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    We got another inch or so last night. But a LOT more -- predicted to be 10 inches or even more -- coming Wednesday.

Do I mind? No. Especially when it brings along a friend! :)

Two Visitors Return.jpg

-don

Papa Joe and mb doug like this.
  19. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    I know it's a couple days off but we're supposed to get a bit of snow on Wednesday

20. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Out of curiosity, I looked up where the Monadnocks were. Strange, really strange area you live in Don !

Untitled-1.jpg