Silvertone 1482 Owners Manual

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by platefire, Aug 6, 2018.

1. platefire

platefire Squier-Nut

Sep 14, 2016
    North Louisiana
    Don't know why, but just felt compelled to post my pixs of a 1482 manual. I was glad when I found these and passing them on to anyone else who might be looking for such a thing:>)
    1482 Manual 1.jpg 1482 Manual 2.jpg
    1482 Manual 3.jpg
    1482 Manul 4.jpg

theflow, Pat V., AllroyPA and 2 others like this.
  2. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Is that the amp in a case?.. You have manuals or just the pics? Cause it sounds like you have more manuals.. o_O

3. Cool! I have two. One came with the original shipping carton but the foot switch and manual weren't included.

4. platefire

platefire Squier-Nut

Sep 14, 2016
    North Louisiana
    squierbilly----just the pictures--best I can do now! The amp looks like that picture attached--not a amp in case. I've got two 1482's as it was my first amp ever in the 60's. So I'm kind of nutty about them. I would love to have the real original manual and foot-switch but the foot-switch alone is outrageous $$$$.
    Silvertone 1482 #1 001.jpg

5. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Meister

I played a Twin Twelve all through the 60's. They go for around $1000 now. But it was a great amp.

6. platefire

platefire Squier-Nut

Sep 14, 2016
    North Louisiana
    Well the 1482 was my first experience with tube break up or natural tube distortion. I didn't know what to call
    it back then? We just thought it was the earmark of a cheap amp because clean was king back then and everyone wanted the clean fender sound.

Jump forward 50 years and now everybody's digging early tube breakup. So 50 years later I'm buying the
    amp back that I discarded as junk back then.

Plus part of the mods I did to one of my 1482's was to make it play cleaner and louder with more clean headroom which I accomplished to some degree. The price tag keeps going up on all these old Silvertone amps.
    Platefire

Pat V. likes this.