Show us your favorite guitar and tell us why.

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by fadetoz, Dec 4, 2018.

1. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That’s the second Assault to make this list. I love mine as well. Why do we not hear about these guitars more. They really are nice instruments.

Gloveberg, ElRey67 and so1om like this.
  2. Smith357

Smith357 Squier-Meister

Apr 30, 2017
    ohio
    My #1 is a Partscaster 72 Deluxe. It is a Squire body, Mighty Mite small head rosewood neck, fender tuners, Fender bridge, Gibson Burstbucker pickups, CTS pots and Orange drop caps, switchcraft jack and switch.

It was a labor of love putting it together and it feels, plays, and sounds great

[​IMG]

3. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    It's. 60's classic MIM 2000

ElRey67 likes this.
  4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Just when I am getting tired of black Strats (I have two) I see your beauty. The red trim pops nicely. Cool build.

ElRey67, fattboyzz and dbrian66 like this.
  5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Thanks !

That Warmoth guard was a nice bonus when I bought the 920D loaded pickguard over on Strat talk .

ElRey67 and Loin Lover like this.
  6. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
  7. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Lol you saw the other new thread which was the same ...

ElRey67, wildelectric and MrYeats like this.
  8. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast

Hey, keep this post in mind. I am currently working on a Squier mod. It is a color called Strawberry Shake..I will post pix when it is done.

I have a number 1 guitar. I bought the original in a pawn shop- 1988- for $20. It had a Kalamazoo neck and was really abused....It was a 3 bolt 70's but now is 4 bolt. She has been with me for a long time and has been thru many changes, but now she looks like this.

DSCN4308.JPG

NewStrings, fadetoz, Treynor and 5 others like this.
  9. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
    My bad, I didnt see this one...

AllroyPA likes this.
  10. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    My earlier comment shared reason and doubts. An unsureness. But I've taken stock -- played 'em all and with all sorts of amp sounds. And yes, there is this about this one, and that about that one that makes them wonderful for this, or wonderful for that. And/or just pretty or fun. But right now -- and this is not what I expected -- there is just this one. On top. Wearing a crown.

That's for its tone, it feel, its lightness, its balance, its amazing flexibility.

SuproBlack Holiday.jpg

-don

NewStrings, fadetoz, Treynor and 6 others like this.
  11. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
    I once owned a yellow Supro with two HB pickups and a hot dot on the rosewood bridge. A 3 selector switch gave the hot dot a screeching lead tone. That one you have is SUPER NICE.

it looked a lot like this

4.jpg

NewStrings, fadetoz, Treynor and 3 others like this.
  12. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA

Wow, what a beauty.

I suspect those were not actually humbuckers (Their size and shape made a lot of people think they were), but VistaTones.

Several things make me think that. One is the bezel. Such lack the height adjuster screws HBs require. (The VistaTones are adjusted by the outer pole piece screws.)

In any case that is the real thing. What Supro aimed at recreating (along with making some genuine improvements).

Yup. Sweet!

-don

ElRey67 and MrYeats like this.
  13. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth.

I did this a few years back with the Jazzmaster and the Jaguar. One day it was this one that had my heart, the next day the other.

Well now it's between the Holiday Sisters. Lady Black and Lady White, and Lady White has gone and taken me again.

The reason is twofold; One, she got the heavier strings. That because without a 2nd magnetic pup -- just the bridge VistaTone and the under-the-saddle piezo -- I figured she'd benefit from heavier bottom end that comes with the Rotosound Blues. (10-52) And oh, she has.

The second is that I've fine tuned the Sweet Baby just for her, using the British Sound pedal for a bit of grind, and thus able to slightly lower the output of the VistaTone -- just enough to allow the piezo to add some of its acousticy (That's word, right?) tone. I then added a touch of compression to extend her sustain and hold back her bite, and she is a total heart-stopping wowsa.

So anyhow, she is my new fav and I had to give her public recognition.

Just so, so, so, so sweet!

-don

Supro White HolidayWEB.jpg Body.jpg Headstock Detail.jpg

fadetoz and Treynor like this.
  14. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    My favorite one that I bought is the EVH Wolfgang Standard. The favorite that I built is the Sunburst hardtail Strat.

D988FD41-39BD-4A5C-AB1D-8C7D00321C9F.jpeg
    CF0D472C-9780-4A8B-9F5E-4EF1022F90E5.png

fadetoz, ElRey67, Treynor and 2 others like this.
  15. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Squier-holic

Aug 30, 2015
    West Texas
    Very underrated instruments for sure and they won't break your back like a Les Paul if you want a single cut.

16. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-Nut

Jul 12, 2016
    Chicago
    So, in my on-again/off-again relationship with my only semi-hollow (an Epi Sheraton II Pro), I am currently on. It has a quality that none of my other instruments have. Plus, it is gorgeous! That 5-piece neck, 'vine' headstock inlay, bindings, and red wine finish just make me stare. The splitting pickups also adds to the tonal character. It's awesome.

IMG_1693.jpeg

17. otisblove

otisblove Squier-Nut

Aug 19, 2016
    Chicago
    I had one just like it. Of the 20+ guitars I’ve sold over the years, the Sheraton was the best.

Here is my current stable.
    I have 5 electric guitars and 4 children. I may like some more than others, but I’m not telling.

A4E4AF8B-4AA9-4E07-B55F-27C30410D61C.jpeg

18. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    In my earlier post I included four Strats, Am Pro, CP60s, Deluxe Roadhouse, and Player. They have been replaced by my two Am Performer Strats as my favorites. Perf HB.jpg PerfAB.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice