Show us your favorite guitar and tell us why.

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by fadetoz, Dec 4, 2018.

1. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That’s the second Assault to make this list. I love mine as well. Why do we not hear about these guitars more. They really are nice instruments.

ElRey67 and so1om like this.
  2. Smith357

Smith357 Squier-Meister

Apr 30, 2017
    ohio
    My #1 is a Partscaster 72 Deluxe. It is a Squire body, Mighty Mite small head rosewood neck, fender tuners, Fender bridge, Gibson Burstbucker pickups, CTS pots and Orange drop caps, switchcraft jack and switch.

It was a labor of love putting it together and it feels, plays, and sounds great

[​IMG]

daan, jjudas, Davey and 7 others like this.
  3. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    It's. 60's classic MIM 2000

ElRey67 likes this.
  4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-Nut

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Just when I am getting tired of black Strats (I have two) I see your beauty. The red trim pops nicely. Cool build.

fattboyzz and dbrian66 like this.
  5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Thanks !

That Warmoth guard was a nice bonus when I bought the 920D loaded pickguard over on Strat talk .

Loin Lover likes this.
  6. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
  7. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Lol you saw the other new thread which was the same ...

ElRey67, wildelectric and MrYeats like this.
  8. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast

Hey, keep this post in mind. I am currently working on a Squier mod. It is a color called Strawberry Shake..I will post pix when it is done.

I have a number 1 guitar. I bought the original in a pawn shop- 1988- for $20. It had a Kalamazoo neck and was really abused....It was a 3 bolt 70's but now is 4 bolt. She has been with me for a long time and has been thru many changes, but now she looks like this.

DSCN4308.JPG

jjudas, ElRey67, so1om and 1 other person like this.
  9. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
    My bad, I didnt see this one...

AllroyPA likes this.
  10. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    My earlier comment shared reason and doubts. An unsureness. But I've taken stock -- played 'em all and with all sorts of amp sounds. And yes, there is this about this one, and that about that one that makes them wonderful for this, or wonderful for that. And/or just pretty or fun. But right now -- and this is not what I expected -- there is just this one. On top. Wearing a crown.

That's for its tone, it feel, its lightness, its balance, its amazing flexibility.

SuproBlack Holiday.jpg

-don

Shaytan, daan, Loin Lover and 2 others like this.
  11. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
    I once owned a yellow Supro with two HB pickups and a hot dot on the rosewood bridge. A 3 selector switch gave the hot dot a screeching lead tone. That one you have is SUPER NICE.

it looked a lot like this

4.jpg

duceditor and ElRey67 like this.
  12. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA

Wow, what a beauty.

I suspect those were not actually humbuckers (Their size and shape made a lot of people think they were), but VistaTones.

Several things make me think that. One is the bezel. Such lack the height adjuster screws HBs require. (The VistaTones are adjusted by the outer pole piece screws.)

In any case that is the real thing. What Supro aimed at recreating (along with making some genuine improvements).

Yup. Sweet!

-don

ElRey67 and MrYeats like this.