Show us your favorite guitar and tell us why.

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by fadetoz, Dec 4, 2018.

1. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    33D10808-1E63-4390-BE44-7DDE7492ADAC.jpeg
    I keep vacillating between these two. (When I’m not stealing my standard Tele back from my daughter) The CVT has TV-Jones T-90’s, and a Varitone. It sounds SO good through the Sugar Drive into my VHT, but I don’t get enough chances to play through my “big” amp at home. The Tele is really good for rock sounds (I’m sure the Dimarzio’s don’t hurt) the neck feels really good (an MIK Bullet neck) It’s all good.

2. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    No. It just feels that way.

I think that may, at least in part, be due to its unusual for a Gibson construction.

The neck is maple, not mahogany (Gibson's norm), and unlike most if not all of the other guitars Gibson makes with set maple necks the CM has a solid maple cap (not a veneer). Thus the set neck makes it maple/maple and the feel is as if it were of one piece of wood. More so, surprisingly, then some true neck-through designs I have played over the years.

-don

3. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    My Squier Classic Vibe Duo Sonic is hands down my favorite, guitar anyway. Bass is a whole diffent world. The duo sonic has been my steadfast strumming companion for 7 years since I bought it new in 2011, only modification I did to it was put in a GFS lil killer hotrail in the bridge. The build quality is phenomenal, the tones a very versatile and pleasant, the aluminum pickguard makes it the quietest guitar I own, and I love the short scale. It just feels like home when I pick it up :)
    CDAF9FB7-D0BE-40B4-894C-929578786930.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  4. No point in me posting a pic or commenting … a favorite could change at any time. :D

Cheers, Barrie.

5. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Some special guitars! @duceditor Don's favorite guitar is the one he playing right now. Here's a favorite partscaster and fun player. CV '50 bod, CVC rosewood neck, Texas Spec pickups, ash tray added for the "throwback" effect. DSCN2528.JPG

6. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    For the past few weeks, it's been the VM Tele Custom. From throaty blues to nasal-twang country, it has a large palette of tones.

[​IMG]

7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    DSCN0687.JPG DSCN0636.JPG DSCN0692.JPG I can only narrow it down to four, Am. Pro, CP60s, Deluxe Roadhouse, and Player series Strats.

8. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Is that shell pink? Stock color? Love that one!

9. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    My '92 MIM Tele is the one that gets pulled down from the rack the most. I cant ask for anything more in a Telecaster than I get from this. Its totally stock. I've tried changing things around 20180720_132847.jpg but to me stock sounded the best and that's how its going to stay.

10. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    It’s true, how can we just pick one as a favorite. It’s just not fair. I love my SQ. It just feels right in my hands and all the abuse it’s had done by the previous owner just makes it mysterious.
    IMG_6517.JPG

11. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Just coverted the Nashville to a regular Telecaster. Will see if it's my favorite next week.
    IMG_20181204_204705.jpg

dadams18, surf green, so1om and 8 others like this.
  12. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-Nut

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Playing my VM Cabronita has made me appreciate what an amp can do for tone. She is a quality, well made instrument that makes simplicity sound good.

Similar to @Davis Sharp , since getting my VM tele Custom she has been played a lot. Super clean and bright Tele tones with a smooth bucker that likes to get driven.

I always favored LPs and Strats and still play one of each. I suppose I am becoming a Tele convert.

What an unfair question! What a great question! What great guitars and stories!

Attached Files:

dadams18, so1om, Stratlover84 and 8 others like this.
  13. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    that SG is gorgeous !

14. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    20181102_175119.jpg

Currently this is my player. These SD pups sound good no matter what you do . I purposely built this guitar to be a lightweight and It ended up being perfectly balanced. The Squier Deluxe one piece maple neck is super fast and comfortable to play. At just a hair under 1 11\16 at the nut it's just about perfect :0)

dadams18, so1om, Stratlover84 and 9 others like this.
  15. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2017
    ABQ
    Today’s favorite... I love it because it’s not just a warmed over signature model that the artist doesn’t actually use, and it is unique.

1999 Yngwie strat, and I hate strats....
    [​IMG]

If I ever have a signature model it will be an SG, U2 or a V.

2017, 1998 and 2004

[​IMG]

1991 and a 2015

[​IMG]

Better pic of the 2015

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    dadams18, so1om, Stratlover84 and 7 others like this.
  16. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    That is precious!!
    Wonderful wife, too :)

so1om, dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  17. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    This is such a great topic. Someone started a similar one some time back. But with the newer members and some who missed the first one, I'm getting a chance to see some real beauties. Keep em coming. Nod to @fadetoz for starting it.

so1om, dbrian66 and duceditor like this.
  18. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    Favorite I've ever owned was probably the Fender/MJT partscaster I had last year. Quadrupled my money on it so that helps with the regret over selling it. Right now I own a Fender USA Lonestar that is everything I love about guitars. It's a Strat (duh), love the Shoreline Gold color, it's a 98 so the maple neck has 20 years of tint and patina and medium jumbo frets, Texas Special pickups in the neck and middle and an SD Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge. The HSS configuration is also my favorite so that works out perfect. There's just nothing about this guitar I don't love.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Although I own several Squiers, Epiphones and Gretsches, my favorite guitar all around is my Kramer Assault Plus. The fit and finish are remarkable and it has great Seymore Duncan pickups along with locking tuners and a great 24 fret neck (two full octaves). The sound is amazing and very versatile. You can go from a smooth jazz sound to a sold crunch with a crank of a knob or the tap of a pedal. It has coil tapping for even more versatility and has the best bass response and sustain of any guitar I have.

Kramer Assault.jpg

ElRey67, dadams18, Gloveberg and 6 others like this.
  20. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Those are really nice!

so1om likes this.