Should I be scared of the rabbit hole

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by lespaul1968, Dec 5, 2019.

1. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    I have only owned a couple of T style guitars . Never warmed to either one. Thought about picking one up but sometimes I get concerned that I might get headed down a Tele worm hole . So Why bother?

2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Do it. There's always room for a Tele. :)

3. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Squier-holic

Aug 30, 2015
    West Texas
    Find one with dual humbuckers or Custom Tele with a HB in the neck and single coil in the bridge.

4. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Meister

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    Quintessential electric guitar. Great ones are expensive. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Kenneth Mountain and lespaul1968 like this.
  5. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Squier-holic

Aug 30, 2015
    West Texas
    I only say that because I had two CV Tele's which were great guitars but traded them both off. Lucked into a Blacktop Tele with dual HB's and I found my Tele :D

6. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    There was e series at gc near me awhile back for 350 and by the time a decided to pull the trigger. It was gone. I was bummed

Eddie likes this.
  7. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I've never been able to bond with tele's or sg's, but I keep trying. I'm working on a nice tele now, if I don't bond with this one I think I'll be done trying

8. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

Anytime you get away from the classic style tele with single coils at the bridge and neck, it's no longer a true Tele so anything goes. Find your tone. The Modern Player Telecaster Plus has a Tele modern player single on the neck and and modern player Strat in the middle and a modern player humbucker at the bridge. Yes, I did say the middle pickup. :eek: This is hardly your father's Telecaster!

Davis Sharp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  9. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Meister

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    Davis Sharp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    my cousin had one and I usually have no problem with adapting to different necks but that one was just not my cup of tea

TimTheViking likes this.
  11. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    You make it sound like going down a tele wormhole is a BAD thing!! :confused:

I LOVE my Tele Wormhole - I got 8 of em now ...
    • 3 SS Teles (vintage, hot, and hotter)
    • Thinline Tele HH
    • Cabronita Tele HH (TV Jones)
    • Double P-rails Tele
    • "Keef" tribute Tele
    • Set-neck 24" scale HH Tele that THINKS its a Les Paul (currently held hostage by my Nephew)

:cool::cool::cool:

12. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    nice collection, once I buy one that I like I could end up with to many.

IronSchef likes this.
  13. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Play what find you like to play i never cared what others think to be honest.

VealCutlet likes this.
  14. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Start with the Affinity. Watch a bunch of chicken pickin' videos on YouTube. Go from there.

I have three different Teles - maybe one, by @TimTheViking's criteria :).
    • Squier Butterscotch Affinity Tele. Snappy and twangy, but a little shrill. If I ever get around to installing those Tex Mex pickups, it will be great.
    • Squier VM Tele Custom. My favorite of the three. Fender wide-range humbucker in the neck position, Duncan Designed tele bridge pup. All the classic snap and twang from the bridge and warm smoothness from the neck
    • Harley Benton TE90. Semi hollow, Tele-type guitar with P90s. OK, too many variations from the norm to be a "real Tele," but I like it and it was $230 to my door.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice